Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 30th, 2017; one more day and another month will be gone. Before long 2017 will be half over. Time does continue to march on doesn't it. It brings to mind Stephen King's novel "The Langoliers".

We had an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. Julie and Jim came down with the dogs. They (the dogs) are always a constant source of entertainment. They are either wanting on your lap or barking to go out, or barking to come in, or begging for treats. Fenway, their bigger but much younger dog is just constant movement. I get tickled at it in the morning when I come out of the bedroom. That dog can't get close enough to you. It just climbs and leans and sniffs and tries to lick. It is just so happy to see you up and moving around. It is just a big hunk of love puppy. Their other dog, Auggie, used to be that way but Auggie is getting old and mild unless you ask him if he wants to go for a ride. Then he talk loud to you. He is so funny. But Fenway seems to think she can't go or do anything without Auggie. She gets separation anxiety if she can't visibly see Auggie.

I only have scavenger guests at the buffet this morning so far. BT is here hogging up one feeder and the blackbirds are here . So far not much else has come around. I think I will take the Red Ryder to BT and run him off for awhile. He's been out there long enough. Stubby came through but didn't stop.  I cleaned out the hummingbird feeder yesterday and it wasn't five minutes and here come one for a snack. My daughter Heather, out in CA has had several hummingbirds build nests in their bushes. While we were put there a couple of weeks ago, there was a hummingbird trying to hallow out a place on a palm tree to create a nest. I wonder how that turned out for it. I need to look for my hummingbird bar feeder and put it back out. I'm not sure where I put it at the end of the season last fall.

We broke out the ice cream freezer this weekend and Ms. Kate mixed up some delicious chocolate mocha ice cream. I think it may be the best we have made in years. Of course, I guess that isn't saying much since we maybe only one gallon every two years. I certainly haven't gotten my money's worth out of what I paid for that White Mountain electric ice cream freezer. I need to remedy that. We intend to take it to TN when we have the family reunion at the end of June.

Today Ms. Kate and I have optometry appointments. It is an annual thing. I think my glasses are still okay. Those darn things are so expensive. I think though I'm having a problem with dry eyes and will most likely need a prescription for that. I'm not sure why they call it dry eyes because the symptom is constant weeping and I have to dry my eyes constantly. But, we'll see what the doctor says.

I need to sign off. Ms. Kate has the laundry going and needs me to switch it over to the dryer. She can't reach the bottom of the tub so I do that part. Have a great day. God has once again provided us an opportunity to be of service to our fellowman so let's get busy doing it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment