Thursday, May 25, 2017

Gloomy and cool --- that's the rule; well at least for this morning. It is cloudy and 56 degrees with a breeze to knock the real feel temp down to about 53. But, it isn't raining so far, however the sidewalks are wet yet from overnight rain. I took my garbage can down to the street last night around 2200 and there was a light mist in the air. Had it actually been colder, that would have been snow. But the only place that got snow yesterday was Colorado high country; which given that they have legalized marijuana in that state --- "high country" has taken on a whole new meaning. LOL

So, --- yesterday I laid out a whole list of things that I could involve myself in on a rainy Wednesday. In actuality, what I accomplished was baking a loaf of bread; (it was a Krusteze box mix), with Ms. Kate's direction, I made a pot of vegetable soup, I answered email and played my Bingo and Criminal Case computer games, and I watched Survivor last night with Ms. Kate. The bread turned out well, and the soup was delicious. It will be lunch again today. I've had that box of Krusteze bread mix for some time and had not used it because it takes basically four hours from start to finish and I just never set aside the time to do it. This was an artisan loaf. Maybe I'll check the grocery shelves for another kind and do it again.

"Stubby" is here this morning. Stubby is a young squirrel that visits the buffet and his tail is only about an inch and a half long. I've seen gophers with longer tails. It is funny to watch him because you know how squirrels are always shaking their tail for what ever reason --- well Stubby shakes his tail and he looks like he's shaking a finger at you. On the other hand, I also have "BT". BT is an old squirrel that has an overly long tail and it appears to be broken in half because half of it droops down at about a 75 degree angle. So, I call it BT for Broken Tail. BT also seems to be the boss among the squirrel clan. Not many will challenge him or her (whatever it is) for a feeder.

I have several visitors at the buffet this morning, many of which are downy woodpeckers. I also have a pair of cardinals and he is feeding her. I don't know if they are a new mating pair or what. I also have a pair of Bluejays. So, the animals and birds are coming two by two. That's an ominous sign for a weekend predicted to have some sever weather. I see my one sunflower feeder is on the ground again this morning. I suppose I had a raccoon last night.

The sun is coming out from behind the clouds so hopefully the grass will dry out and I can mow today. With crappy weather predicted for the weekend and it being Memorial Day weekend, I want the place to look nice so I better get on it today. I also need to go to the cemetery's and put out a couple of flags. I need to see how wet the garden is because I need to replant my beans. Only about half of them came up.

That's about it for this morning. Know you were in my thoughts this morning and I have said a prayer for you, wherever and whoever you are. I pray your day will will be filled with sunshine and that you will feel the warmth of the love of God. Surround yourself with that love and then share it because it was given to you in abundance. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment