Monday, May 22, 2017

Oh, what a beautiful morning. Oh, what a beautiful day. Everything's coming up roses, everything's going my way! Yep, it's an old song, --- I think maybe even from a 1950's Walt Disney movie. But the classic applies today. It's a sun shiney, 65 degree morning and the birds are chirping and singing.

We had a nice weekend here even though it was supposed to be stormy and rainy all weekend. We got little to no rain; in fact I may still have to water the garden. Julie and Jim, a hundred miles east had torrential rains and cousins in Illinois had torrential rains and flash flooding. It is amazing how all of that works isn't it?

The backyard buffet is relatively quiet at the moment. The first round is over but they are slowly comiing back in for dessert. So far the squirrels haven't been here but when they arrive, they will stay for 45 minutes to an hour at the feeders. I just had a bluejay come in and land on one of the bark butter stick feeders and knock a big chunk of bark butter out of it and on to the ground. He better get down ther and eat it or I'm sending him a bill. Just because it is in a stick made from a tree limb --- doesn't mean it grows on trees.

Yesterday Ms. Kate and I attended worship at our home church, Zoar UCC. It was a good service and Pastor Art had a good message. He is a bit hard to hear and understand because of his own hearing and speech impediments. But, maybe that isn't all bad either because you have to focus on what he is saying rather than let your mind wander. I think I told you that he is doing a one year interim while the church searches for a new minister. I have no idea how their search is going. They aren't a big congregation, maybe 50 people in attendance yesterday. That means they aren't a "monied church" where they can afford an expensive pastor's salary. The fact that they have Pastor Art, who has a Doctorate Degree, as their interim is great. The church is also in search for a new organist and director of music. Having been gone from the church for long I have to wonder how critical positions like this can become empty. No one seems to want to talk about it, but most generally these thing happens when one faction of the church pushes their way in and on to the rest of the congregation. It certainly isn't a new phenomenon. The Apostle Paul wrote of it to the churches often.  I pray they can work it all out.

Memorial Day is coming at the end of this week. Were I still commanding a military unit, this would be the week we would have Commander's Call and I would give my required annual "100 Days of Summer" safety briefing. It is always a good reminder briefing but it is also a CYA briefing. So, if someone does get hurt doing something stupid, there is a record that they were briefed not to be stupid in public. !!

OK, I have other stuff to do. I hope your week is a great one full of blessings and joys, and love and graatitude. And --- just so you can't say you weren't told --- Be Safe out there!!!  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment