Thursday, May 4, 2017

Good morning on this bleary rainy morning. It is May 4th and the feels like temperature is 42 degrees. We are just the first few hours of another three day rain event. The rivers are already swollen as well as the creeks and streams. There are a lot of roads still closed from the weekend storms and flooding. I was watching the news last night and hearing that St. Louis is virtually cut off due to flooding. Interstates 55 and 44 are flooded for long stretches. I have a nephew that lives in that area. I tried to email him last night but my address I have for him is no longer valid. So, I sent an email to his mother but she says she hasn't heard from them. I pray they are safe. It reminds me of the flooding situation that we saw in South Carolina a couple of years ago when I-95 was closed and under water for 50 miles or so. Needless to say, we certainly don't need more rain. There have already been several deaths due to the weather etc this week.

I missed writing to you yesterday but I was tied up pretty well. I got a call from Gibson General Hospital at 0730 yesterday saying that Bob wanted me to come up for Georgia Ann. When I got there  at 0815, (my military strike force training does still come in handy) he told me that the only thing she had asked for was for him to call Pastor John. Of course Bob knows that I'm not their pastor anymore and I certainly don't want to step out of line with the church but I'm not going to refuse a friend in her dying wishes. So Ms. Kate and I went. We stayed there with them for several hours. Georgia is certainly at end of life but her body just hasn't quit. Her pain is constant and they have now put a medicine Patch thing that gives constant pain medication. She's no longer taking food and thin as she is I don't see how she can last more than a couple of more days. But, --- God is in control of it all. But even in her state of mind, she still talks to God and I have no doubt she is mentally well prepared for the crossing and just wants it to happen.

Meanwhile, here at the backyard buffet I have several Grossbeaks at the feeders this morning. It looks like they have cleaned out all of the barkbutter feeders of both pellets and paste. And they have depleted a lot of the sunflower seeds too. I went to the Wild Birds and Thins yesterday and bought more bark butter pellets and eight more suet cakes. If it stops raining long enough, maybe I can get out there and fill up some stuff. Or --- maybe I'll just have to let them be wild birds and nor spoiled birds.

It might be gloomy and rainy out side, but as I look out the windows of the sunporch and see allof my critters and my flowers tha are blooming, it reminds me that God has provided yet another day full of love and grace and mercy. Pray for those you know who are ill and please add Ms. Georgia Ann to your list. Pray for those that are suffering with their homes and property under water from the floods and pray for those who have lost loved ones due to these storms etc. And --- rest assured that I have prayed for you this morning. Blessings and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment