Saturday, May 6, 2017

Saturday, May 6th; and it is a partly sunny morning but still a cool 52 degrees. I don't think it is supposed to warm up very much today which I guess is fine since it is too wet in the yard to do anything at all. I went out yesterday afternoon and slopped through the soaked yard to the yard barn in order to fill my feeders. I hope the birds and squirrels appreciated my efforts, although I certainly didn't get any "Thank You" cards.

The yard has hit another "in-between" stage. The azealias are all but done with their blooming. The daffodils have reached that stage where they have layed over and will start to dry out soon. In another week or two they will be ready for me to pull the tops off of them. The peonies are about mid-way through their blooming season and the iris have a lot of buds and some of them are blooming very nicely. The poppies are in full bloom out in the front yard and the lilies are really bushing out. I don't know where we are going to put them but I will have to divide some of these flowers again this year. That means expanding some flower beds some where. When and where does it all end??? My dear departed mother-in-law told me several years ago that I might as well not have a lawnmower because one of these days this place will be just one big flowerbed. It is probably a good thing that we don't live on five acres like I'd like to.

What a wonderful bunch of guests I have this morning. I have a pair of bluebirds, at least a half dozen Grossbeaks, several cardinals, a bluejay, a couple of robins, some goldfinches and of course the starlings and a couple of squirrels. I'll have to fill the feeders again today or tomorrow at the latest. BUt the the are on their own for a week and a half because we are going ing on vacation. No doubt everything will be stripped clean by the time I get back. Maybe by then the hummingbirds will have started coming in. The lady at Wild Birds said that only acouple of people have reported seeing any so far. This screwy weather probably is affecting their migration.

Yesterday morning Ms. Kate and I each went for haircuts first thing and then we ent up to the hospital for visitation with Georgia Ann. She is still alive but barely. She said some words to us but they didn't make a lot of sense. I will be totally shocked if she she doesn't pass while we are on vacation. So, once again I'd ask you to offer prayers for her peace of body and mind. And offer prayers for comfort for her husband Bob too.

The rain has stopped for what they say will be a day or three which means the rivers can start going down. I pray for all of those folks that are waiting anxiously to get back and see if they have a house left or not. The pictures they show of the flooding inland around St. Louis are terrible. My heart and prayers go out for them.

Tomorrow is church day and Ms. kate and I need to decide where we will worship this week. I hope you will take the time to offer up prayer and praise to God who has so thoroughly blessed your life ance again this week.

See ya' on Monday. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment