Thursday, May 18, 2017

Good Thursday morning to you. It is good to be back to the sunporch again after a week of vacation. Of course we enjoyed our vacation tremendously because we took our 21 year old granddaughter with us. It was her first trip to Las Vegas and her first trip to California. She not only enjoyed "being "an adult", i.e  sitting and playing the slots, ordering a cocktail and being asked time and again for her  ID, but she truly enjoyed the sights and sounds of Las Vegas, of the desert, and of seeing the Pacific Ocean and being around her Aunt Heather's family in CA.

While we were gone we had folks come to powerwash our fence and we also had a fellow come to wash our windows inside and out. Both look marvelous. However, the yard is in bad need of mowing and trimming and the birdbath has been knocked over as well as the feeders are all empty and several knocked down. I guess my backyard guests revolted while we were gone. So, today will be spent putting things back in order and getting the laundry done. Once we get those things done it will be a like our world has been returned to normal.

While we were gone, we lost our good friend Georgia Ann. Our daughter Julie came over from New Albany and attended the funeral in our absence. Bob and Georgia Ann have been family and best friends to us since the first day we met them. All of my kids and their family accept them the same way so it is indeed a loss. However, I would not have wished one single moment more of suffering for her and I know that she is at peace and in the arms of our Lord and God. I just wish I could have been here for Bob when she passed. Those two were married for 65 years and he relied on her heavily for all of the "inside stuff". They were people that had their division of labor. She did all of the "inside of the house duties and he did all of the outside stuff. They were just enough older than Ms. Kate and I to have been part of that generation. He was needing a haircut a couple of weeks before she passed and he told us that he had never been in a barber's chair because Georgia Ann had always cut his hair ever since they were married. Their daughter Brenda cut it this time. I'm betting she just inherited the job for the rest of his life.

Well, I'm anxious to get to the chores of the day so I reckon I'll drop off for now. It is good to be back with you; I've missed sitting and writing and enjoying the peaceful moments I spend here in the sunporch. Until tomorrow I wish you a pleasant and Holy Spirit filled day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment