Friday, May 19, 2017

Happy Friday morning. It is a hot and muggy day already as a cold front slowly approaches the area. We are under a slight risk for thunderstorms this afternoon and some of them may be packing some strong wind. But, I send my prayers up this morning for all of those folks who are experiencing tornadoes etc farther to the west and north. I haven't heard of any deaths related to the storms so far and I give thanks for that.

I layed out a list of chores I had for yesterday to you and I actually got them accomplished. The yard looks so very much better now that it is trimmed and mowed. But, guess what my new back yard visitor is; I had a snake in my yard yesterday. It was about two and a half feet long and a shiny black with white on it. I'm not a snake expert but I'm fairly certain it was non venomous and it was in a hurry to not be around me out my John Deere. I left it alone even though I had to dodge it and wait momentarily for it to get out of the way. I last saw it heading into the lily bed. I figure it will eat the voles etc in those beds. And at some point if it is still around --- the Red Tail Hawk will snatch it up. That is only the second snake I have seen in this yard in sixteen years so I reckon it isn't an infestation.

I scrubbed out both bird baths again yesterday and the Robins and the Blackbirds are enjoying it this morning. One bird bath was knocked over. I imagine a squirrel did that;  And the other was dry and gross. The critters sure do make a mess in the bird baths, plus they get full of flower petals from the trees and feathers and bird poop too. Yet, they continue to bathe in it and drink from it. Yuk!!!!

I saw and talked to Neighbor Dan yesterday for a little bit. He came home from California on Wednesday and left again early this morning for Florida with his daughter and her family for an annual trip. His wife  is still in California tending her ailing mother and has been now since Christmas. It's a good thing he has a neighbor that has and likes to ride his John Deere and doesn't mind doing an extra yard; his yard would be two feet tall by now. But, today Ms. Kate and I are having another batch of those delicious spring rolls for lunch that Minh had Dan bring over for us. They are so good that I'd mow twice a week if I needed to. LOL

The weekend is here and I guess Ms. Kate and I better start thinking about where to attend church this Sunday. Maybe we'll just go to the home church again. If not there, then we'll go to the mega-church. That seems to be the choices we have boiled it all down to. There is a third choice that we enjoyed down on the south east side of town. So, we'll see. In the meantime, I hope you have a place to go and celebrate worship with friends and share the Holy Spirit with someone. I don't know about you, but, the faith seems so much more alive and vibrant when shared with friends. Ms. Kate and I are about half way through our expected "stay-away" from the churches in Ft. Branch. We do miss those folks dearly.

Have a great Friday and an even better Saturday.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment