Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Last day of May and it is a beautiful one. It is sunny and 77 degrees. I've been out a couple of time this morning to take the mail to the box and to talk to the neighbor behind us who was out walking a dog. We are hearing that the city will be tearing up part of the neighborhood to repair/replace part of the sewer that runs behind my fenceline. We are concerned that they will be wanting to tear up our fence to do the work. But, talking to him I find that they have gotten letters from the city about it and they will be compensated for tearing up their yard. But --- we've heard nothing and I think the work is all going to be over there. So, it sounds as though we are safe.

The robins are using my patio for a splash park this morning as they take their baths in the bird baths. There is water going everywhere. I needed to clean them out because of the leaves and flower blossoms that are in them but the robins don't seem to mind at all. The fly in and sit for a moment and then get busy splashing. Then they sit some more and start again. Then they fly up into the pussy willow tree and sit and prune and shake the water off; then they start all over again. I expect that when the robins are done the blackbirds and starlings will be taking their turn. They all seem to be lined up out there to do so. When they all finish I guess I'll go out and refill and clean out the bird baths out. I also have a few feeders to fill and a couple of other to top off.

Stubby and BT were both here this morning and brought friends but they have since moved on. I have one young squirrel coming down the tulip poplar tree part way the it goes back up. It has done this about six times so far. I don't now what it sees that makes it hesitant about going on over to the feeder but it can stay on the tree as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'll mow at least the back yard today. It looks a little shaggy and we are supposed to have showers on and off for the last half of the week. I also need to get in the black raspberry patch and attack the mulberry bush that has grown up in it. I've been fighting that bush for several years now. I don't know how to get rid of it. I've chopped, dug, cut back and used a gallon of round up on it but it defies all odds and comes back every year. Ahab had his white whale, I've got my mulberry bush. LOL

As is usual, I have my Gaither Gospel playing this morning as I sit here and write. It makes a great part of my morning thoughts and meditation and prayer. It's like worshipping with old friends. I just bought their two latest albums here on my IPad and have a great Bose Bluetooth speaker next to my chair. It fills the room with joy and song.

But ----- it is time to quit sitting and is time to get busy. We need to go up and see Bob today. I haven't seen him since Georgia Ann was buried. This would be a good day to do so. He should be ready for some company by now. It won't be an easy first visit but these are things that should not be put off. That is what friends do for each other; share the hard times.

I hope you have a great day and then start the month of June off with a heart full of God's glory. I give you my prayer that you have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment