Saturday, May 20, 2017

A rainy Saturday morning with a few thunder rumbles greets us this morning. To the west of us over in Illinois they are getting torrential rains. I have several cousins over there and we converse on Facebook. They were showing pictures of the high water in their yards. We've had just enough rain to water the garden, so far. I don't want to speak too loudly. I might push all of that this way and we don't need that much.

I went to the Wild Birds and Things store yesterday and restocked some stuff. They had a good sale going on and I was able to get a bunch of the stuff that I use most at a reasonable price although I still spent about $70.00. This morning though mostly what I have is a couple of squirrels. There is one hanging by his back toe nails reaching a feeder just outside the door. I don't see how they can do do that over and over. I guess it doesn't hurt or maybe they don't register pain. But it always amazes me to see them do the gyrations they go through to eat a little sunflower seed. They must have muscles like iron.

I'm sitting here listening to a Katherine Jenken's CD. She is a classical artist but this album is mostly show tunes from Rogers and Hammerstein and other artists. She is a beautiful lady and is also a great dancer. She was on Dancing with the Stars a couple of years ago. She didn't win but she certainly should have in my opinion. I've read that she and her husband do an awful lot of charity works and concerts for charity. It appears that God has greatly blessed her life and she is using those blessings to do a lot of good things for others.

My cardinals and other birds are finally here. On a cloudy day they are the sunshine for me. There have been several Goldfinches around too and they make little bright spots in the other wise grey atmosphere.

The yard is in transition again. The azelias are done blooming. The peonies are about done, and the iris have pretty well finished up. The Knockout Roses are in full bloom and will be for the rest of the summer and most of the fall. The hydrangeas have put their blooms on but they are still small and green. They will expand and turn white and a few weeks when it gets hotter. We are still four weeks from the start of summer. I can tell summer hasn't arrived yet because I have yet to see a firefly at night.

I guess that is about it from the sunporch today. I hope your weekend is going well and you are getting a chance to relax. Take some time out today and give thanks to God for your blessings here on earth and for sacrificing His Son in order that you may have a blessed eternity. Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment