Tuesday, May 23, 2017

It is another beautiful morning albeit not quite as nice as yesterday. But, ---- as they say, I got up on the right side of the dirt again this morning so it ain't all bad. It is currently 65 degrees so it will be comfortable when I go out to the yard to work. Yesterday Ms. kate and I went out and did some deadheading of the peonies and the iris. The daffodils are also starting to die off so I'm clearing those out too where they have turned brown. If you trim them back too soon, they won't bloom next year. We have several more beds to do that to and it is supposed to start raining some time today or this evening so I'd like to get it done. Ms. kate will be busy getting a permanent this morning so I'll get it done by myself. It's an easy job, just a little time consuming. And if there is one thing I have plenty of --- it's time.

I have a hummingbird out here this morning at is a different color that I have seen before. We generally have the ruby throated variety but this one was a very light colored bird. I don't know exactly what color it was because I have a green deficiency in my color vision and it skews the whole color chart for me. I've always said I was color blind but that is not the true case. I can se some colors just fine. But a lot of my color world is grey or brown or as I say, light or dark. Maybe that is why I have so many cardinals and Goldfinches; God knows those are colors that I can see just fine.

Today is my youngest daughter Lisa and her hubby Gary's twenty fifth wedding anniversary. Where has the time gone. I remember our 25th and it doesn't seem that long ago. I was a Major in the Air Force and we were stationed at Pope, AFB I was the commander of the Security Forces Unit, and we were about ready to transfer to March AFB in CA. But --- that has been twenty six years ago for us. Wow! When he kids got married, we were living in CA, she was stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB in NC, and her fiance was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. Julie was living in MA and Heather was living in IL, her Maid of honor was living in Texas, and she wanted to get married here in Evansville at the church where Ms. Kate and I got married. Thank God for Ms. Kate's mom who did a Herculean job of running and arranging stuff since she was living here. I still don't know how we pulled it all off. But, in the twenty -five years, they have both served their country honorably and gotten out of the military. They have raised to great kids, They own their home and they own a business and she has a Master's Degree and a great job with the state of North Carolina. God has blessed them and they have done well. So I wish them many more years of God's grace and love.

Time for me to drink the last sip of my coffee and get ready to meet the day. I hope your day is filled with love and joy. Don't forget to stop and have a conversation or two with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment