Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Welcome to Wednesday once again. The rain that was promised has indeed arrived and I know my garden is soaking it up, We were in need of some rain. My tomatoes are growing well but they could sure use the moisture. My squash have blossoms on them too so this is all welcome as long as it doesn't keep raining for days. Beyond that, I didn't plant anything except a few green beans. They are up but I should plant some more I think. These only produced about half of what I planted.

So what should I do with this rainy day that makes me want to just doze back off as I sit here listening to it on the roof? I could do some reading. I have three Stephen King novels sitting on the end table right here beside me that I keep putting off. I could go down and do some work on the book that I have started writing; at least that would be productive. I could pull the car out of the garage and pull out my little table saw and do a little woodworking. (I've promised my self I would rebuild the garden bench and even bought the lumber.) All of my woodworking tools are so buried under other stuff that it become a real effort just to get it out. Or, I could go into my living room and sit down at my keyboard and play for awhile. So many possibilities for productiveness---- but the thing blocking all of these great options is a cup of coffee and my Bose speaker here beside me putting out some great Gaither Gospel music as I sit and watch all of my critters at the feeders.

Ms. Kate has a pinched nerve in her lower back and is hurting. I don't know for sure how she did it but I suspect she did it a couple of days ago out in the flower garden while we were deadheading some of the flowers. It doesn't take but a wrong move to do that; I've had that so many times and know exactly what pain she's going through. I went out yesterday and finished up the flower beds. She's taking pain reliever like Tylenol or something, plus we have been putting Activon on the area. But, frankly, the best thing she can do is just take it easy. We are in danger of me actually fixing a meal or two around here. Luckily we have enough leftover around here that we shouldn't get to anything that I actually "cook" for awhile.

So, --- speaking of Ms. Kate, I guess I better sign this off and go check on her. She is bound to be ready for another cup of coffee by now. She's in her office at her computer playing Klondike or Bingo  or Criminal case I reckon. But, she's my gal and I need to take care of her. I hope your day goes well and I hope you remember to give thanks for the world of blessing that God lays at your feet every day. How joyful it is that the Creator of the Universe, God of everything that exists should know each and everyone of us by name and care for us individually. Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment