Thursday, June 1, 2017

Thank you Lord God for a beautiful start to a brand new month. The sun is shining, there is no breeze to speak of and the humidity is low. So, I'm sitting here with my second cup of coffee, listening to the Talley Trio, looking out at the lilies blooming in my backyard, and watching my buffet guests. So far it is mostly a few cardinals and downy woodpeckers, and one squirrel.

Yesterday I layed out a list of things I wanted to get accomplished and I did get some of it done. The lawns are mowed and I got the azelias trimmed back in front of the house. They were starting to cover the windows and get out of control so I took a pair of snippers and went to work on them. Now we can see clearly out the front windows.

What I didn't get done was cutting back that mulberry bush in my raspberries, nor did I get the bird feeders filled or the bird bath cleaned out. Nor did I get up to see my buddy Bob. I called him and talked to him but he had appointments to take care of so we are going up there this afternoon and visit with him for awhile.

I bought a new bark butter feeder last week at Wild Birds and Things and so far the woodpeckers haven't figured it out. It hangs horizontally instead of vertically. The concept is that the woodpecker can eat off of it because they hang upside down and under limbs when they eat because they can cling so well while other birds like the starlings can't cling. But, so far there have been no takers. I guess I have to set up a projector and do a training class or something. LOL  We also have to get a new hummingbird feeder today while we are out. The one I have out there has gotten so dirty on the inside and I can't seem to get it clean, so I'll get a new one today. And maybe I'll go to Pet Foods and pick up a 40# bag of sunflower seed. The can is half empty. While I'm there I'll also get some suet cakes. They have cleaned out all of the suet feeders  and I generally put out eight at a time. So yes, we'll spend some money on maintaining the backyard buffet today.

In twenty four days our daughters and husbands and most of the grandchildren will be meeting down in Gatlingburg TN for a week of vacation and family reunion. We are all excited about it but nobody more than me. I just love having all my girls around me, listening to them chatter and visit and laugh together. We all live so far apart and cousins hardly know each other. This year my oldest grandson and his family can't make it because of work, and my second oldest granddaughter can't make it because she has a professional motocross race to race in. As old as the grandchildren are getting, I fully realize this is going to be the pattern more and more. And, Ms. Kate and I are getting older too. But --- God has blessed us as a family and thanks to the use of social media, we do all talk almost daily even if we don't see each other. And I'm blessed that I have a family that truly loves to stay in constant contact with one another whether physically or by social media. I thank God for that.

I've set here long enough. I got get on with my day. I've had my prayers and I've had my meditation so I'm prepped for the day. I hope your day is filled with the love of the Holy Spirit and the peace that comes with a firm relationship with the God who fills your life with blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment