Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Wednesday, mid-week, hump-day; dare we say "Yea"? The sun is trying hard to peek through the layer of clouds but not having a lot of success. But it is 54 degrees already this morning and I suspect that we won't be getting much warmer than that today. But that is fine. Fifty four degrees in January is a blessing, so we'll enjoy it while we can.

The cardinals have been enjoying it this morning for sure. They have been in and out taking baths aand splashing water around everywhere. At the moment I don't have a lot of activity because the birds have come, had breakfast, had drifted off for a bit. There are a couple of chick-a-dees out there which makes me happy. I've noted before that we haven't had many of them this winter so it a blessing when they do pop through and visit. I can see several cardinals sitting around in the bushes and trees from here but I guess they are waiting for snack time or something. The squirrels were playing high up in the trees for awhile this morning but they too seem to have gone on to someone else's yard.

I didn't get anything done out in the yard yesterday. We went to Fresh Market for Ms. Kate to pick up some meat. Tuesdays they have a sale on ground beef and chicken. And while we are there, Ms. Kate always picks us up some of their cookies. From there we went to Karen's house so I could look for for special kind of screws and bolts for my yard bench. She didn't have much that I needed though. So, I went to Ace Hardware and was able to get part of what I want. But, by the time I finished with those places, --- well it was nap time. LOL What a luxury that is to be able to just stop and take a nap if I want to, or sit and read, or sit and listen to my music. However, today I do want to get out front and do someraking in the flowerbeds. Tomorrow it turns cold again and is supposed to stay that way for at least a week.

I've been reading the news and reading all of the crap that is on Facebook since the new President took office. I like to use social media as much as other people do but I sure get tired of reading the rants and the filth that people say. The worst thing is that I know and love some of these people but they just get so radical with so little fact to back up what they say. Were it not that I use Facebook and Messenger to keep up with my friends and family, I''d delete my accounts. Hopefully, as the country gets a little farther along into this presidential term, and the country settles down, maybe we as a country can go back to respecting what other people say and become a kinder society that isn't focused on "the ME". That's going to be the focus of my prayers this morning; --- peace within our society. Have a good day. Share some love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment