Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tuesday! I like Tuesday because it isn't a Monday. By Tuesday morning I have shaken off the start of the week and have put the week in gear. That doesn't mean I have popped the clutch and have it rolling --- I just have it in gear!Comw Wednesday we'll drive i "over the hump" and start to idle back. A fellow can't rush this life thing or you'll get to the end of it too quick and won't have enjoyed it.

I'm up for the second time today. Neighbor Dan and his wife needed me to take them to the airport this morning at 0430. Of course that means I was awake by 0330. They could have taken a taxi or driven over and parked their car in the long term lot --- but it was no big deal for me to take them. The airport is only about two and a half miles from our house. I dropped them off and was back home and asleep long before their 0530 flight. They are flying to be with Minh's mother who is terminally ill and hospice has been called in. So, -- if I could help them a little, it was my duty to do so.

Ms. Kate is fixing one of my favorite things for breakfast. She takes a can of biscuits and somehow turns them into what I call sugared donuts. I love those silly things. I offered to make a can of cinnamon rolls but she gave me the alternative and I jumped right on it.

It is supposed to be a bit warmer (low fifties) today and the wind will be less sharp. I got the roses here in the back yard trimmed back yesterday, --- so today, I think I'll take the hard rake out front and rake out some of the residue left from the lillies and maybe clean up that area a bit. Tomorrow it is supposed to start getting colder again and I don't think I want to be outside. There has even been mention of snow flurries. I'm actually kind of waiting on a snow (yes, I really said that) because I still haven't gotten to use the new John Deere with the new snow blade. It would be a shame to have put it on and not gotten to use it.

I went to the lumber yard yesterday and picked up some boards. I have a yard bench that I bought maybe fifteen years ago and it has really rotted out. I think I may have paid $125.00 for it when I bought it new. But, I figured I could buy the lumber and replace all of the wood. I wanted redwood but they didn't have it and they recommended that I use yellow pine that has been treated and kiln dried. So, for less than $30.00 I had them mill me down the eight boards that I need. I'm looking forward to working on it. There is no hurry of course because it is too cold to go out and sit on it now anyway. But, it will help get me out of my recliner and off of my rear end. I also need to go to my sister in law's basement and go through her stash of bolts and screws to see if she has what I want to use to put it together.

OK, my biscuits are here so I', out of here. I hope your day is blessed and full of God's grace and love. Well, --- actually I know it will be --- I just hope you will take the time to recognize it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment