Monday, January 2, 2017

A very happy Monday from North Carolina! January the 2nd, 2017 in Goldsboro is a rainy quasi-warm day. Lisa, Ms. Kate and I are sitting here at the table just chit-chatting and enjoying one another's company. She is waiting for the folks to come and install her fireplace logs set and gas system. She has been wanting to do that for some time and now seemed to be the time. So tonight, we'll sit around the fireplace like it was cold or something. 

Yesterday we went to see our granddaughter Amanda at her rehabilitation facility. She has been there now for a week and seems to be responding very positively to the treatment. We had to attend a class first and it was on "enabling" and "Post Acute Withdrawal" symptoms and how to deal with it. It is a great class for those in the patient's support system people. Lisa and Gary will have to attend a class of some kind each Sunday when they go to visit Amanda. I think it is a great thing especially for parents that "are new" to the problems that accompany an addict.

Since the facility is "over on the coast", I was hoping to get some really good seafood. Although, unfortunately by definition, "really good seafood" in North Carolina just means deep fried in fresh oil!!! We located a place on the computer and headed out for there. We finally found it and it was closed; which we should have guessed since it was New Year's Day. So, we ended up hoping to Ruby Tuesday and I had the same shrimp pasta that I could have had back home. Color me disappointed. But, it met the requirement of filling our tummies. 

Gary and Matt arrived in Las Cruses New Mexico just fine and are enjoying their visit with Gary's dad and stepmother. We talked to Matt last night and he was bummed out because it was raining and cold. I had told him it was going to be that way but I think he was hoping I was wrong.  I hope they truly enjoy their trip. 

I hope the showers move out of the area. I'd like to take a walk around the block a couple of times. They have a good neighborhood without a lot of dogs that will eat your butt when you walk by. Lisa has two dogs that frankly scare me. I wouldn't trust them for anything. They are large and untrained and and very territorial. Lisa gets along with them fine as does the rest of the family, but that is about it. 

I guess I'll drop off now and maybe have some lunch. I hope you have a great day and a first week of 2017 filled with blessings. May God enrich your lives this year and fill your soul with the Holy Spirit. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment