Saturday, January 21, 2017

It is 60 degrees out side on this, the first day of the second month of Winter. Unbelievable isn't it? I think it is great because I have a couple of things I want to do outside today and warm weather and sunshine will be an added blessing.

Yesterday was a nice day too and I did get out and find some grass seed to put down in my back yard.  It is called "Shady Lane" and is for yards with a lot of shade. I spread three and a half pounds over about 600 square feet and then layed down two bales of straw on top of it. I hope that will help it germinate. Unfortunately it ground was too wet for me to walk over it with my little garden tiller first. So, I just hope it works. My sister-in-law, Karen had told me that I could really just sow iton top of the snow and it it would work so we'll see what happens. Thankfully, we don't have snow for me to throw it on top of.

There is a wealth of blue sky out there for the time being and the cardinals and their friends have been out there celebrateing I think. I've had several here this morning as well as those stinking starlings. I always have to remind myself that God made them too so they must have a purpose. The wrens, junkos, finches, and downys are all here too this morning. I had a gray squirrel earlier but it took off. Now I have one fat brown squirrel here checking out the feeders. It's been to three different feeders but hasn't stopped to eat yet. They are far enough away from me that I can't if they are empty or not. That is a possibility because I didn't fill any yesterday because it was wetter around them than I wanted to walk through. I'll get everything filled up when I finish this blog.

Did you watch the inauguration ceremony yesterday? I saw parts of it but it really became sensory overload after a while. The channels just show the same thing over and over and over. There were of course some rioter with people breaking windows of businesses and burning cars. But by and large most demonstrations were not violent. Today there is a large "Women's March" in Washington but I'm not sure what they are demonstrating for or protesting against. But, as long as it is lawful and peaceful, I support their right to do so. I saw thaat Film Director, Micheal Moore, was speaking to the rally and could help but think that 10,000 women did not need a man to tell them how to think or what to do. But, --- what do I know. I'm just a guy who believes in generally minding my own business and trying to spread a little love and peace and the word of Jesus Christ. I don't pretend to have all the answers. The only thing I can control is me. I don't even know for sure if my newly planted grass is going to grow. LOL.

The sunshine is waiting so I got to get out in it. Tomorrow is worship day. Please don't miss out on the opportunity. If you can't make it tomorrow --- heck, go ahead and give God some praise and prayer right now. God's time is limitless, I've even heard that God doesn't even own a clock!! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment