Thursday, January 19, 2017

Happy Thursday Morning. I wish I could tell you that it was a bright and sunny morning but I can't. It looks as though it could rain at any moment. We finally did get some sun yesterday as I finished up my blog and was a warm and welcome sight. But now we are back to southern Indiana January weather.

The only activity I see outside this morning is a single cardinal off in the poplar tree and a single squirrel sitting up in the red bud tree. It keeps running back and forth as though it is confused about what it wants to do. Other than that, it is quiet out there. There is just enough breeze to move the pendulum of the Corinthian chimes a little thereby giving me a soft melody in the back ground. A fellow could easily drift right on off to sleep out here.

I was sitting here thinking about the fact that tomorrow we change leadership in this country as the new president is sworn in. I've voiced my thoughts numerous times about my concerns for the country and that I pray each day that the transition will be done with the dignity that the situation demands. I know of course there will be demonstrations by people rejecting the results of our national election, as if the president elect would look out and say "Oh, you don't like me? Well, here I'll just resign then."

But, what I was thinking about was all of the people that work for the current administration that are going to be out of a job as of the end of the day. Transition of power goes a lot deeper than just the top leadership. All of the staffers that have had pretty good jobs for the past eight years are suddenly out if they are "politically" appointed positions. But it also goes deeper than that because the incoming party believes in small government so many of the "departments" and "agencies"  and committees are going to be done away with leaving people to scramble for a job and Washington DC is no cheap place to live. On the other hand, new people will be bringing in their own people and the transition to learning how Washington and government works will be a steep and unforgiving climb. So this morning I'm offering up my prayers for all of those folks who are going to be caught up in this transition and I pray for their well being. People at the top will always find work because of their connection they have made. It is the secretaries and staffers that will be wondering how they are going to make house payments, etc. that I pray for this morning.

Well, I have set here long enough for the rain to start moving in. Predictions are for another week of it and I just got a weather flash for flood warning. Yea!!!! But gloomy day be hanged --- my life is full of blessing and the love and warmth of a loving family and the sure knowledge that God is in charge. So let's take a moment and give thanks for it all and then press on to the weekend. Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment