Friday, January 27, 2017

Welcome to a brilliant blue but cold Friday morning. We are setting at 33 degrees and that is about as warm as it is going to get today, If the sun stays out, it might go up to 39. But, --- I am loving the sunshine.

I was surprised to see that I didn't write yesterday. I don't know what had me that busy. Ms. Kate and I did go yesterday to a local place to check about buying new fireplace logs for our gas fireplace. The ones we have in there have been there for a very long time and are coming apart. We also want to get a new fireplace cover. Ours has probably been there since the house was built in 1977. It was there when we bought the place in 2001. It is hard to open and close and looks like it is well worn out. But --- we found out that those things are really expensive. It is going to cost us a couple of grand for the new screen and logs. I reckon that will be our "house purchase" for the year. A very dear friend told us years ago that we should do something every year to improve or up date the property, or house, or appliances and we have tried to do that. Last year we bought a new freezer (because one quit) and we also bought the new John Deere and snow blade. I keep a good record of each of the items so we know when it was done and approximately how long it will be before we have to re-do something.

The sunshine adds a level of beauty to my cardinals this morning. When it is cloudy and over-cast they aren't nearly a pretty as when the sun hits them. I've had a couple sitting out there on the birdbath this morning and the sun is hitting them just right. I also have a large red-headed woodpecker here this morning and it is easy to spot because the sun shining on its head. I think I have to go add water to the birdbaths this morning because they are really having to dip way down to get a drink. I have a really good bunch of feathered friends here this morning too. Mainly I have junkos, wrens, and finches as well as my woodpeckers and cardinals. Only a couple of starlings have shown up so far, and at the moment I don't see a squirrel in sight anywhere. I had one earlier but it left. They'll be back in another half an hour or so.

In the meantime I'm going to sit here and enjoy this day from the inside and have another cup of coffee. God has provided a day that needs to be enjoyed and I need to give thanks for that. I hope your weekend is filled with time to relax and enjoy life. Don't forget to take time to to give thanks and praise to the God who made it all possible. Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment