Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday morning, the 20th of January; the end of the work week and the end of a presidency as Donald J. Trump replaces Barack Obama as President of the United States this morning. Of course the protestors have already begun and of course the seats for the inaugural ceremony have been filling up. This is a great country and one of the things that makes it a great country is that we have room for  people on both sides of the aisle. Personally I think it is reduculous to protest things that haven't happened and may never happen but it is their right to march and sing and chant. I gave up 32 years of my life dedicated to defending their right to protest peacefully. It is not their right to do it violently or where they prevent other people from doing their work. Again this morning I lift up the nation in prayer and I lift up the elected leadership of this nation and pray for strength and guidance that this nation can achieve its full potential to lead the world in the ways of peace and harmony and in efforts to preserve this earth that God has placed us on. May God continue to bless America.

It is not raining this morning!!! That in and of itself is a reason to celebrate. It did rain last night but I've even seen some blue sky this morning. It didn't last long before the clouds moved in again but it was there and it was beautiful. My weather channel app shows no rain or bad weather on the radar at all and the forecasters say no rain for thr next couple of days. I think today I am going to go to the local co-op and see if I can get some grass seed for shaded yards. I tried a couple of places yesterday but couldn't find any. I want to spread some over portions of my back yard  that have gone bare and then I'll spread some straw on it to keep the birds off of it and perhaps it will germinate by spring.. After all, that JD has to have something to mow come spring time.

There are no visitors at the buffet again this morning. Oh, I've had a few singles fly in and get a seed or two but there aren't any in numbers. Perhaps they are celebrating no rain too somewhere. I can tell that a couple of the feeders are empty and I'll fill those while I'm outside. But there is plenty of food out there for them so I don't know what is going on. Yesterday they did come in later. It was around 10:00 am that they started coming in. That is only about fifteen minutes from now so maybe they will be showing up soon.

I was looking at Dude Ranches last night as a vacation possibility for Ms. Kate and I. I checked some out in Texas and a couple out in the Grand Teton area. I think it would be really neat to go to a working ranch and spend a week. However, I know my mind thinks I'm much younger than my body does. But "kids my age" still want to grow up to be cowboys. I was fortunate enough many years ago to become friends with some ranchers in extreme Northern California and I got to go on a cattle roundup a couple of times in the foothills of the Siskiyou mountains. It was magnificent. There was no overnighting or chuckwagons, just up early and home at dusk.

Time to get the day moving along. I pray your day will be blessed and that you will have a wonderful weekend. Stay in touch with the Lord. It will brighten your whole life. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter and her husband received free tickets to the inaugural, dinner, and ball. So they have had a magnificent day and texting and sending pictures. One in a lifetime opportunity for a small town couple.

    ReplyDelete