Thursday, January 12, 2017

Ahhhh! Back in the sunporch. It is great to sit back down in my recliner, turn on my music, and sit and watch the critters in my back yard. Although there aren't many visitors today. The feeders are all empty since we've been gone for two whole weeks. I have one caged feeder that still has a feed cylinder in it that the birds haven't cleaned up yet. There is a squirrel going crazy trying to reach inside of the cage to rake out some seed. But -- I have the plate below the cylinder wired down and the cylinder holder doesn't move over to the squirrel. It is really frustrated. It keeps trying, leaving, coming back and trying again. I applaud its efforts and determination. I guess I should get out there and fill everything up. It is warm this morning and has rained some. However, it is supposed to drop to freezing tonight and then ice tomorrow. So, I need to check my stock and see what I have and don't have.

We --- I checked my stock and the larder is empty.  I had enough to put out some suet cakes and the woodpeckers are already all off them. I had just enough bark butter left to do one feeder. So, I filled all of the sunflower feeders and Ms. Kate and I need to go to Wildbirds Unlimited for a total restock. That'll be a hundred bucks for sure. The cardinals have already come back in. I don't know how they know to fly in or that I have filled feeders, but it is a great thing.

I've been writing today's blog in spurts and I apologize for that. It isn't polite to walk out in the middle of a conversation, --- even if it is one sided. But, I'm back again. I went over to Neighbor Dan's house to pick up the mail he had collected for us while we were gone. I sat and talked with him for awhile about his wrist surgery. He's in pretty bad shape. When he finishes up with the healing and PT part of this one --- he has to have the other one done. So, he won't be worth a nickel for help this spring. Next, we were headed out for lunch at R'z resturant up in Ft. Branch. However, we got out on the highway and the sky up ahead was black with rain clouds and we could se that it was pouring. So, we looped back around and went some place else for lunch. After lunch we came on back home. The temperature dropped about fifteen degrees while we were having lunch. It looks like the forecaster was right. Darn it!

It was great to sleep in my own bed last night but I was up way too early. I think a recliner and a fireplace might be a recipe for the afternoon while I "check my eyelids for holes" as my father always said. I hope your day is warm with the love of God and you will feel fully blessed. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment