Friday, January 6, 2017

I'm sitting here having my coffee playing my silly computer games of Bingo Bash, Criminal Case as Ms. Kate plays her computer games too and we share a second pot of coffee. Matt and Gary made it back from New Mexico last night and all three of them are at the shop working now. So, it is as quiet as it would be if we were at home in Evansville.

The big news around here though is that we are all still waiting for the first snow flake to fall so we can all run out and buy milk and bread. I was at the Seymore Johnson AFB base exchange yesterday and there wasn't a snow shovel to be found. But of course, that isn't an item that would normally be sold here. While I was there I went to the barber shop and got my first Base Exchange haircut in probably four years. They did a good job although it is a little shorter than I usually wear it these days. The last haircut I got at an Air Force base was out at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas and the gal that did it did a horrible job. Ms. Kate cut my hair for maybe forty years of our marriage but she doesn't do it anymore. Maybe we have gotten to the point where it is just easier to go have it done and it doesn't cost that much.

We have truly enjoyed being down here at Lisa's although I suspect we are wearing out our welcome. Were it not for the funeral next week, we would have left yesterday or this morning at the latest. I've always held that company and fish are good for about three days and then you need to move them on. I know we are truly welcome but I also know that they all have their daily lives to get on with. But they have been great hosts and I'm glad we could be here with Lisa while Matt and Gary were gone. It gave the guys a sense of comfort knowing that Lisa wasn't alone.

We've talked daily to Amanda from down at her rehabilitation program. She sounds very positive and upbeat about her program which is wonderful. But then --- it is easier to be that way while you are being surround by the conditions of the program. We'll just have to wait and see, and continue to pray for her once she has completed the program and comes home. Her biggest addiction (as bad as her drug use) has been the caustic relationship with her boyfriend. She has told him they are through but --- there is no telling what will happen. But --- her support system is firmly in place. I would just ask that you continue to lift her up in your prayers. She is such a good kid and a joy to be around;  but we are all capable of making really bad choices. I've been there and done that's and so have you. So, keep the prayer wheel turning if you would.

Time to throw a coat on and head to Walmart. I pray you will have a blessed day. Take the time to talk to God who has filled your life with blessings. Have a great weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment