Saturday, January 7, 2017

Saturday afternoon. The storm is supposed to be all over but I just checked the weather channel radar app and it would appear that we are going to have this light snow stuff for at least another couple of hours. But we are inside and not out in the stuff so what the heck. We don't have anywhere we need to go and so we are sitting here watching a Naked and Afraid marathon, simply because no one changes the channel. Gary went to work and Matt is at a friends house. So it is just Ms. Kate, Lisa and me. We are on pot three of coffee.

I need to open up the flash drive and go over what I plan to say at Tommy's funeral. I know there will be an Air Force Chaplain there too so at this pint, I don't really know if the chaplain intends to be part of the service at the funeral home or what. I'll just write what I want to say and then go with the flow once I get there. I know the Chaplain will do the internment at the graveside, and there will be full military honors and a Mason ceremony as well as something by the Patriot Guard.

We have truly enjoyed our visit with the kids. It makes think we may have to go be a pest to the rest of the girls for awhile. But I think we'll wait for better weather. Come late June, we'll all be together in Gatlingburg TN for a week. I am really looking forward to that. There is nothing I love more than being surrounded by my family. It's bad enough that we live all over the country but now the grandkids are getting old enough to to be off on their own. We already know that it is doubtful that Lauren will be attending this year because she has a moto-cross race up in Mammoth California. I fear that is just the beginning of the "sorry, can't make it" stories that we are going to be hearing over the next few years. Our cabin size needs are going to shrink.

The area was supposed to get a lot of snow here and I guess some areas did get as much as nine or ten inches, but we got a lot of rain, freezing rain, sleet, and now snow. Matt just stopped by with his friends and said the roads aren't all that bad. I hope that Lisa, Gary, and Matt can get to see Amanda tomorrow since it is south of here. Ms. Kate and I won't try to go. The facility folks stretched the rules to allow three of us to see her last week. Five would really push the limits and she doesn't need that hassle. But, she is doing really well.

I guess I will sign off for today. I hope your Saturday is filled with blessings. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment