Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Good morning once again from North Carolina. It is a bit warmer here today and it isn't raining. However, by tonight tthe bottom is going to begin to drop out of the thermometer and share the cold wave that is sweeping the nation.

I want to share with you this morning another example of how God works in the most mysterious ways. I told you that we came to NC in order to be with Lisa while her husband and son could take the opportunity to go visit his dad in New Mexico. And we are here also to support her daughter Amanda who is going through drug detox and rehab. Our plan was to stay a week and then head on back home, probably Friday or Saturday. I have been kind of watching and listening to weather forecasts across our projected travel area and yes, it looked like we might run into a snow situation. But, we knew if we take our time, all would most likely be fine as long as we got through the mountains.

Yesterday morning I got a "friend request" on Facebook from the daughter of an old friend (Tommmy) from down here in NC. They all live about seventy miles south of here in Fayetteville, NC which is where I met them back in 1988.  Tommy served as my First Sergeant when I commanded the Security Police Squadron at Pope Air Force Base from January 1988 to late 1990. His daughter wanted to tell me that Tommy had passed away the day before. They had seen on Facebook that we were in North Carolina and were hoping that I was going to be here long enough to do Tommy's funeral. I talked to his daughter and his wife and they were at their wits end. They don't have a church that they attend, or a pastor that they could call and told me that Tommy had told them that when he passed away, he hoped they could get in touch with me.

Now, think again about the progression of events. We had not planned to come to NC at all until this stuff happened with Amanda, but we made arrangements to come. That could not have happened easily except that I retired in November thereby freeing me up. So, we come down here and then I get a call that I am needed to do a funeral for an old friend. That will keep us down here long enough to miss the pending snow storm and we'll not have to travel through that. And when I'm kind of wondering if maybe I should not have retired just yet, God, says; "Oh, you are never retired from service to me; I have a small job for you".  I feel so very truly blessed.

Take this thought with you today. God is in control of our life. If we are needed to do something for God, God will let us know one way or another. So, keep yourself open and listen to the voice and the messages that come from God in so very many different ways.

Now ---- I need to go buy some dress pants and a tie.   Have a blessed day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment