Tuesday, January 10, 2017

It is 2215 hours on January 10th, a Tuesday. We are on the road to home and have stopped at Morganton, NC for the night. We stayed in this Comfort Inn on the way down to Lisa's house what I think was ten days ago. This has been an interesting trip with twists and turns.

The good news continues to be that Amanda is responding well to her rehabilitation. She is excited and attentive to her treatment. She has another week to go and then the real test begins when she comes home. It is going to take some adult parenting as opposed to adult direction and I think there is a difference. The family is all new to this and there are chances every step along the way to cause a relapse or problems. I continue to pray for them.

We left Lisa's house yesterday afternoon and drove down to Fayetteville, NC and spent the night. This morning we got up and headed to the funeral home for thee visitation for my friend Tommy. It was great seeing the family although going there to conduct his funeral wasn't the way I had hoped to see him again. I last saw Tommy and Anna back in 2001 when I retired from the Air Force. The funeral went well. I did the funeral service at the funeral home and Ms. Kate and I left. The family and friends were gong to proceed out to the cemetery where they would have full military honors presented by the Patriot Guard and a military Chaaplaiin would conduct the internment service. The family was very happy with the service I conducted and it was great to see the family and a couple of the guys that worked for me at Pope AFB 24 years ago. Fortunately, I have had contact with many of them on social media, but it was good to see them anyway.

Ou trip from Fayetteville to here was not without adventure either. We were in the left lane passing a semi when all of a sudden the semi driver started moving right into our lane. I kept honking my horn as I kept moving left. I ended up completely off of the road driving through snow pack and ice for about a tenth of a mile at 65 MPH until the guy was completely by us and I was able to get it back on the highway. My white knuckles and God's steady hand are all that kept us from flipping end or end. We certainly offered up our prayers of gratitude.

Tomorrow we will arrive home if all goes well. It looks like we may be traveling in rain all the way which I'm not looking forward to,especially through the North Carolina mountains. But --- God will het us home; ---- the we can start taking down the Christmas tree.

Have a blessed day. I'll see you on the sunporch. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment