Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Welcome to a Tuesday afternoon post. My morning got started off with a doctor's office visit. I had to go get a little blood work done. I went yesterday to have it done when Ms. Kate had hers done; however, I didn't know it was a fasting test, so I had to go back this morning. The doctor wanted me to have another test done to check my blood sugar levels. My last numbers came in higher that he liked.

So, ---Ms. Kate and I went out for breakfast after my blood work. Then we went to Target and did some shopping. When we got home I started working on my garage. It is a disaster with stuff just stuck everywhere.  I got one area straightened out so I can at least walk through it without tripping over stuff. It is amazing how quickly one can go from organized to looking like a hoarder. But --- I discovered by going through that one grocery storage area that we have enough green beans and mushroom soup and french onions to make green bean casserole for the world.  ----- ok maybe that is a slight exaggeration.

The sun is dropping rapidly in the west and will be gone in a moment or two. It sure does get dark early now. Last evening I made sure I was out to seee the moon rise. I was disappointed because I thought it would appear bigger in the sky that it did. But it certainly was a brilliantly lit night again last night. It was an amazing phenomenon.

We've got a lot of house cleaning and stuff to get done before we have company next week. Lisa and Amanda are coming up from North Carolina and Julie and Jim are coming over from New Albany for Thanksgiving. Last year we spent Thanksgiving at a cabin down on the Ohio River with Julie and Jim.

I guess I should go see what I can do to help Ms. Kate. I know she is working her tail off to get some special cards made for Christmas so I need to pick up the slack around here. That's the way we work here and it goes well. Until tomorrow --- have a blessed evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment