Tuesday, November 8, 2016

It is Tuesday and I think I will call this Citizen's Rights Day. Tooday we get to exercise our right as an American citizen too go vote for who we want to lead our country for the next four years. If all of the nasty campaigning over the last year has done nothing else --- it has energized people to actually get out of their house and go vote. Unfortunately though we'll also find out that some how a lot of people must have gotten out of their coffins too to go vote and voter fraud is rampant among somee states and at least one of the political parties. Many states require that you show a government issued ID to vote but this get challenged constantly because somehow --- people decry it to be racist; --- a challenge that doesn't meet even the most basic principles of logic. And so --- you end up with counties that somehow have 125% of their citizen come out and vote. But, having said all of that --- I wouldn't trade our right to vote for any other system in the world. Ans --- I think we mmay have the largest voter turn out in decades.

Well, I finished one more step towards completion of my fall yard preparation. We went over and got a pickup load of composted horse manure and I got that spread on the garden and the flowerbeds yestrday. Neighbor Dan came over and helped me do it. I still need to put down a layer of mulch but if that doeesn't get done, it won't be the worst thing in the world. I guess I should put down some fall/winter fertilizer too on the yard. We are very fortunate that the weather is holding out and God is giving us days to get this kind of outside work done. This morning we actually got a few drops of rain although it isn't going to amount to much. It might help to settle the dust and make it a bit miserable to stand outside in a line at the polling place for a couple of hours; but that is about all. Then it will be back to sunshine by this afternoon.

Time to head to the voting line --- I'll get back with you when we get home.

I apologize for not getting back to you. It is now 2330 hours and I'm glued to the TV for election results. We'll talk tomorrow. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment