Thursday, November 10, 2016

Aaah Thursday. Where have you been all my week? The sun is shining brightly. The wind is blowing with occasional gusts. It is 55 degrees going to 63. Ms. Kate is sitting here beside me in the sunporch and life is just fine. I've said it before, I'll say it again --- I love my life.

On the national level, of course college students have taken to the street and are marching and protesting because their candidate didn't win the election for President. I don't know what they think their marching and shouting hateful vulgar chants will accomplish --- the election is over. Are they going to march for four years??? But --- this is the entitled generation that has always been allowed to say what they want without repercussion. This is the generation that has been allowed to throw tantrums so they will "feel better".  This is the generation that has eight and ten valedictorians per graduation and gets participation trophies so they don't feel bad. This is the generation that has never heard; "You lost". ---- Unfortunately for them -- this time they not only lost the ball game --- they don't even get a participation trophy. But, they do have a chance to learn a little more, play a little better and play in the game next time.

The cardinals are all here, the wrens are here, the nuthatch and the titmouse are all here --- it is a great day at the buffet and I see that many of my feeders need to be filled again, I reckon I better do that as soon as I finish my blog today. I don't want them to get discouraged (in in fact they can) and not come back. But they come here every year so we have become a habitual stop for the winter. I'm surprised that my squirrel population seems to have dropped off. I only have one in the yard today so far and it is being very cautious. I wonder if the fact that we have several "visiting" cats that pass through the yard has anything to do with that. A couple of those cats don't hesitate to chase a squirrel right on up the tree; and yet the cats don't seem to bother my birds. Hmmmm.

I was planning to go get another load of composted horse manure today and take it to Karen's house. But she is busy with doctor's appointments and having company today, so we will do that tomorrow. That means we'll do laundry today. We also need to go to the grocery store and pick up a couple of items. And --- given time, I need to start bringing in some of the boxes of stuff that we packed in from relatives that passed away. We have boxes and boxes of pictures that need to be gone through. I'm going to bring my shredder out here and shred all of the picture that are of people that I either don't know or particularly care about.

So, my cup is empty and I need to shower and start my day. Go outside and suck in some fresh air today. It will do your body and your mind a world of good. And then, give God a big "thanks" that you are alive. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment