Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday morning and the start to another busy week. But we are starting off with a sunny 34 degree morning. Last night we had what they call a "super moon". It was a full moon and the moon is as close to earth it will be until the year 2034. It was brilliantly bright. I got up at 0230 for a "necessary call" and I could not believe how bright it was outside. I went out to the sunporch and just looked around for a bit. It was like I was looking at a black and white photo of my back yard. I could see everything totally clear. There were literally shadows from the moon shining so bright. We are supposed to have one more night like that tonight as the orbit changes. God's universe just never ceases to amaze me.

Good things are happening at the churches. Yesterday was the trial sermon for Dave Marshall to be my replacement. He was received very positively and will start as my replacement on the 28th of November. I'm retiring whether he was selected or not --- but I feel better knowing that they will have someone in place. Ms. Kate and I love those churches and want only the best for them.

I'm also so very proud of the churches. Yesterday was the collection/boxing day for the annual Operation Christmas Child drive. The parish boxed up 124 OCC shoeboxes yesterday which is a record for the parish. I had purchased 100 new shoeboxes and we had some left from last year and they ran out out of boxes totally. That is so wonderful that 124 children somewhere in the world will receive possibly tthe first gift they have ever received. The churches have always responded so very well everytime I have asked them to do something mission oriented. We are going to miss being around those folks.

It seems now almost impossible that I will be retired two weeks from today. I have only two more worship service to do. I am so glad that Julie and Lisa will be able to attend our last service. I wish Heather could be there too but that just isn't in the works. I recall that when I retired from the Air Force, Julie and Lisa both were planning to attend my retirement ceremony and I knew that. What I didn't know was that Heather was sneaking into town for it too. I was shocked. We had planned to go to a resturant the night before my retirement to celebrate --- and there she sat. Ms. Kate and I have raised three very wonderful daughters. It must be their mother's influence.

Despite the sunshine I have very few birds out here this morning. There were a few cardinals out here a little earlier but that has been about it. Maybe the moon wwas so bright that they alll came out for a midnight snack.

I'm sure there must be some work for me to be dining around here so I better finish up my coffe and get too it. I pray you will have a most wonderful day full of peace and love. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment