Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Wednesday, mid -week, half way through, hump day; all of that stuff. I just call it "bulletin day" because that's what we do on Wednesdays.

It is a beautiful Wednesday though.m The sun is shining and I think we are ging to have another record high temperature today. Not that it is going to be all that hot, (82), but for the second of November, --- that's way too warm. The weather man says that tomorrow we will have a cold front come through with a little rain and it will cool things down a bit. Although we still won't be in any danger of frost or snow or even heavy jacket weather for another three or four weeks according to his report last night.

The Chicago Cubs won big last night and tied up the World Series games. I'm not a fan of either of the teams that are playing this year but this is a historic series. The Cubs haven't won a series in like 90 years or something and the Cleveland Indians haven't been in a series since like 1945. So this will be monumental for which ever team wins. I'm rooting for Chicago.

Ms. Kate and I went and got pedicures yesterday. The place we go has people that do a good job. My biggest problem is that my feet are so ticklish. If they just trimmed the nails and didn't do all of the whatever they do to the bottom of my feet, I'd like it a whole lot more. After we finished up with the pedicures, we drove up to Haubstadt, had lunch, went to the butcher shop, and then we did some geocaching. We went after three geocaches and only found two of them.  Drats!!! But that happens some times. This one was supposedly hanging in a cedar tree but I sure couldn't see it.

I also had to take my truck back to the shop to have that darned window looked at again. They said the motor and regulator on the door was bad. They have to order the part but should have it fixed today. Another $250.00 gone! That's about $600.00 spent on fixing automatic windows on my truck doors. Would have been a lot cheaper to have windows that I crank down.

Today I need to do my end of month reports for the church councils and then take care of some personal business. This afternoon we'll be heading to the church around 1600 hours. We'll run the bulletins and then stay for choir practice. Our choir director won't be there again to night and that means that I'll be doing choir director duties again. Ms. Kate and I have only one more time to sing with the choir.

Time to get busy. Time goes by too quickly when I get involved here on the sunporch. I hope your day is fully blessed and filled with nothing but good thoughts. I'm lifting you up in prayer. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment