Thursday, November 3, 2016

Gooooood Morning! Do you have a World Series sleepy head this morning? I certainly do. I think that may be the first World Series game I have watched in years and it is certainly the most exciting game I have watched in years. I'm not a watcher of sports events but each of these two teams had so very much on the line and they totally played their hearts out. So congratulations to the Chicago Cubs for their first World Series championship on 108 years. And congratulations to the Cleveland Indians for their dynamic effort to win their first championship in 60 years.

It is a cloudy 65 degree morning. We were supposed to get rain last night or today but if it did rain, it certainly wasn't much. The sidewalks and street look to be a little damp and that is about all. My Weather Channel app shows one light rain cloud that might brush over us but that is about all that is coming down the pipeline.

There isn't much on my list of things to do today. I do have to go get my truck from the garage. Hopefully they have that window fixed this time for good. I was supposed to get it yesterday but they called me to say it was ready as I was heading out to the church yesterday afternoon. We have a couple of places to go today so I'll pick it up on the way back home from our running around. I think we need to go to either Walmart, Target, or Meijer's for some stuff; hopefully not all three places. And we need to go out to put a saddle wreath back on my father's grave. It is a patriotic themed one that my sister bought and I want to put it back on his tombstone for Veterans Day.

There are lots of cardinals here this morning or at least at the moment. It is "their time" of the day to be here. I'm also glad to see that the first of the junkos has arrived. They are a staple when it comes to winter birds. Of course it doesn't look or feel anything like winter out there but it is great to see them. Maybe there is hope for cooler weather after all.

Well, that rain cloud I told you was on the radar passed over and all twenty drops of rain fell from it. I'd really like it to rain just enough to dampen the ground and knock down the dust when I go out there and mulch up the leaves with the lawn mower. However, I don't want it to rain so much that when I go get a load of manure compost and mulch, that is wet and heavy. I try to wear a dust mask but if I do, then my glasses fog up. If I take my glasses off then the dust all gets in my eyes. I know --- I'm whining and being picky about things over which I have zero control.

As I have my morning discussion with The Lord this morning, I'll certainly be praying for our nation. Our national election is just now days away and the candidate's campaigning has gotten even nastier. I expect civil unrest regardless of who wins. I also lift up the Native Americans in North Dakota who are protesting the building of a massive gas line that is going through what they consider sacred ground. They are peacefully protesting and as usual, the government is trying to break the treaty in the nterest of big money and big corporation. The Native American tribes are protesting because they are trying to protect the water supplies. The government has gone in with police and private security firms and tear gassed them, beat them, shot some of the horses, and arrested them while the people were doing nothing more than praying. I find it amazing that the mainstream media hasn't been out there and are not covering what is going on. This is totally reminiscent of the reaction to the sit-ins of the 1960's. So, I lift up prayers in support of what the Native American peoples are trying to do --- protect the land.

The end of the week is coming fast. I hope you have good plans to relax and enjoy what God has to offer you in your life. Think peaceful thoughts and remember loved ones. Have a talk with God. It will do wonders for your soul. Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment