Friday, November 18, 2016

Good Friday morniing to you! It is already 69 degrees on this Novemebr 18th and the wind gusts are coming in around 30 mph. Mss. kate and I are a bit bleary eyed this morning. We went to the late show last night to see the "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". It was another J.K. Rowling story and was really well done. I have no doubt we will buy the DVD when it comes out so we can watch it again.

I'm sitting here looking at our row of fire bushes that run along the southern fence. When we moved in here back in 2001, those bushes were just barely tall enough to crest the fence. Today they at least twice as tall and as the sun hits them, the leaves glisten with their red color. I probably should cut them back by at least four feet, but I'm worried that if I do, I might kill them. Although, I have cut my snowball bush back almost to the ground twice since we lived here and it has come back every time. One of the problems with the fire bushes is that they are now providing so much shade that they have caused a couple of my big azelias to die off for lack of sun.

Ms. Kate and I took advantage of the seventy degree weather and sunshine yesterday and decorated the family headstones for winter. It seems a little early to do it before Thanksgiving but I rather do it in seventy weather than in cold twenty degree weather. We are to get thunderstorms yet today and the wind is dragging a massive cold front along behind it. Tomorrow the high will be around forty. But, I guess it is fair to say "it's about time" that winter weather started to settle in. The weatherman said that we may get around a half an inch of rain with the cold front and we really do need it. As wet as the spring was -- we are now in a moderate drought condition so a little rain will be good.

There were a lot of folks out yesterday with their lawn mowers mulching up their leaves. I need to get out there an do that one more time and then I can think about taking the mower deck off of the John Deere and putting on the snow blade. It seems the list of things that need doing just never ends.

My coffee cup is empty and I need to go check on Ms. Kate's cup too. Then I need to get busy. Ms. Kate and I have a long list of things we need to do to get ready for a week of company next week. I feel so blessed because part of the family is coming in for Thanksgiving and my retirement. There are few things more precious in this world than having a family that truly loves one another and wants tobe around one another. Ms. Kate and I are blessed with that; --- what more do we need?

I hope your day and your weekend is fully blessed. I also hope you will take time to do something for someone else this weekend. Sharing ourselves and the blessings that have been freely given to us is a Godly thing to do. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment