Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Good morning! My eyes are a bit bleary this morning and I wish the day held the possibility for a nap but it does not. I sat up and watched the election results until the end. Was I satisfied with the results? ---- yes, I was satisfied that the candidate I voted for was elected. Whether or not "my side" won or not remains to be seen though, doesn't it. The only things I really know at this point is that the demeanor of the candidates in this election was horrible; and obviously all of those media folks who were polling and polling, and polling with all of their results slanted towards one side --- got it wrong and are scratching their heads this morning. I repeated heard them saying last night; "How could we have been so far off of the mark?" So --- my morning begins with prayers this morning for our nation and our people.

Ms. Kate and decided yesterday that we would wait until about 10:00 am to head out the door and go vote. Our reasoning was that maybe by then all of the people that had to be at work yesterday would be through and maybe the lines would not be as long. We got to the polling place and I couldn't believe it. We were in and out of the polling station in eight minutes. There were no lines as had been shown on television. It was quiet and calm and neighborly. So, we cast our ballots, proudly put our "I voted" stickers on our shirts and headed out and went geocaching. It was a beautiful day to be out. It had rained first thing yesterday morning but that didn't amount to anything. It was a cloudy day and a bit cooler now that the cold front has moved in, but all of that is gone now and it is a sun shiney day this morning.

Since it is such a pretty day we are going to meet our friends, Bob and Georgia Ann at a local favorite tavern out in the country and have lunch. We all like to eat their deep fried mushrooms of course we like a good cold beer too. We like to meet with them about once a month; they are really wonderful people. We are going to miss seeing them at worship every Sunday morning once I retire.

I think my birds and critters must have set up all night too  because I haven't seen very many of them out there this morning at the buffet. I had a few cardinals out there and a few finches and one or two woodpeckers, but that is about it.

I'm sitting here now waiting  for Hillary Clinton to come on television and give her concession speech. With that I am going to sign off for today.

Pray for our country. Pray for our newly elected president. Pray for our transition in power. Let us never forget that no matter who is in charge of the country's leadership--- God still controls our life and destiny. Stay humble and give God all the praise and glory. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment