Thursday, November 17, 2016

Sunny and breezy and the wind is definitely blowing the wrong way. I know this because Ms. Margaret's maple tree leaves are blowing from the trees into my yard. I thought I was done with all of that and had put the John Deere in the shed. But, I reckon I'll be getting it back out today. I guess I should have waited. But, I was anxious to see if I could even get the mower into the shed. That's the way it goes when I get my mind set to do something. I generally end up re-doing. Patience has never been one of my virtues.

It is November 17th and I can hardly believe it is already 61 degrees out this morning and going to the mid to upper 70's today. And --- by this week end the highs are going to be back down in the 40's. It is no wonder that a person's best friend these day is the Kleenex box. But --- winter is going to come soon enough and we will remember 70 degree November days very fondly.

Ms. Kate and I did go to the church yesterday and we ran the bulletins for this week and next week. I also cleaned out all of my personal stuff from the two Pastor's studies. The only hing I need to pick up yet is the refrigerator from my St. Lucas office and one robe. We also attended our last choir rehearsal. We left early because we had finished practicing for this weeks song and they were working on the music for December. I didn't see any reason for us to sit there for another forty five minutes.

So now I have a car load of stuff that I need to bring in and store "somewhere". As I said yesterday -- we look like a bunch of hoarders. My "storage room" downstairs is now just a stack of stuff, much of which  we haven't looked at or touched for at least five years. We have stuff from deceased family that while it might mean something to Ms. Kate and I --- will mean nothing to our kids and certainly nothing to our grandkids because they all have their own stuff. Prime example though of trying to get rid of stuff; ---- I have a beautiful Whirlitzer console piano sitting in my living room that I'd love to sell. It's 25 years old but looks and plays as good as the day I bought it. Why do I want to sell it you might ask. Well, because there is also a baby grand Kurzweil keyboard sitting in the same room. But I can't find a single person that wants to buy it. Oh well, I'll find someplace to stuff the new pile in to.

With that, I'll drop off of here and get busy. I hope your day is filled with sunshine and blessings. God loves you and that alone makes the day worth living. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment