Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday morning and we start the week all over again. This however will be a historical week because we will elect a new president of this country tomorrow, as well as a new governor for this's state and new senate tours too. We will either elect the first woman president of this country or we will elect the first truly non-political person to be our president. Ms. Kate and I will go vote tomorrow first thing. I'll be so glad when this election is over. Last night I came out the the sunporch to listen and watch some You Tube gospel videos and every video was preceded by a political commercial; and none of it was a positive --- just more slander and hate mongering.

We had a really nice worship service yesterday to celebrate the 95th birthday of St. Lucas church. I had asked four members to speak about their experiences at St. Lucas and how it had affected their lives. They each did a wonderful job. It was a combined parish worship service and we had a fairly full church with about eighty or so people there. This coming Sunday I actually get an extra day off because they are having a candidate come in and do a trial sermon to be my replacement. I think we will take advantage of it and go over to Julie and Jim's house.

Saturday I got that 140' flowerbed along the west fenceline cleaned out and trimmed back. Yesterday I got up on the roof and blew the leaves out of my gutters and off of the sunporch roof where they collect so bad. Today I need to do a little more raking and mulching and my back yard will be done except for getting composted manure  and mulch spread on it. I've done so much yard work in the past two or three weeks that Ms. Kate declared that I should maybe have retired six months ago. But, my poplar trees have finished dropping their leaves and I have them almost all cleaned up. It looks like we are pretty well prepped for winter. I do still need to trim the black raspberries and tie them up properly. The red ones are a lost cause. I think today rather than mulching upthe remaining leaves, I'll just collect them and put them in my compost pile. It will be a little more work but it won't be near as dusty and the compost pile need s some more stuff on it.

This changeover from Day light saving time has changed my ability to watch my birds in the evening. Four to four thirty in the afternoon is the time that the Cardinals come in for their evening feeding. But now it is almost dark when they come in because of the time change. That makes the very hard to see. It's a bummer.  I can barely make out their flitting around out there.

Two cups of coffee are done and gone so I need to get off of my duff and get busy. Once again I pray that you will have a great day full of God's special blessings. Please stop and pray and then go out tomorrow and vote. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment