Saturday, November 12, 2016

Saturday morning, and it has climbed up to 44 degrees. These wind gusts will keep a "wind-chill" factor I'm sure. But it is beautiful outside and my bird friends don't seem to mind what the temperature is. The cardinal was taking a bath and pruning himself like it thought it was in a hot tub or something.  I had a squirrel or two that were in the poplar trees and planning to come down until the neighbor's cat came through and sat there and stared at them for a while. Now the squirrels have moved on and the cat has too.

We had a hard working day yesterday. I went and pickup 3 cubic yards of horse poop compost to put on Karen's flowers. That's three full bucket scoops. I generally only get two scoops but the truck handled it just fine. Karen thought that maybe I was going to leave my truck with her and she would take a few days and unload it and spread it around. But, I had every intention in helping her spread it. It worked out very well. She has a small cart that she pulls behind her John Deere lawn tractor and it holds quite a bit. So we would fill that up, drive it to where we needed it and unload it. All told --- it only took us three hours to do the work. But, my arms and wrists are sore today as I expected they would be. That was my second truck load this week. It really helped though not having to do it by wheelbarrow load and push it around like I had to do with my yard. Thank goodness neighbor Dan helped me with mine.

Today we are heading over to Julie and Jim's house and will spend the night. Tomorow is the trial sermon for my replacement and I'm not supposed to be there so Ms. Kate and I are taking advantage of a free weekend. We'll do some geocaching, visiting, neck hugging, coffee drinking, and pup petting. It will be good practice for retirement. LOL. One must work their way into these things gently you know.

The after effects of the national election are stil going on. Young people are protesting and marching and rioting and burning American flags because the election didn't go their way. That's what happens when you have a generation of kids that have never been told "no" and assume that things will just go their way because everyone has given in to them all their life. The president -elect represents a big change and they want everything to remain the same --- pay for nothing, get everything, accept no responsibility for their actions. I still daily pray for peace.

Time to get ready and head out. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment