Friday, November 4, 2016

Man-o-man! It is Friday already isn't it? And -- it is a beautiful Friday morning too. The sun is shining, it is 55 degrees, a slight breeze is blowing and bringing down more of the leaves from my poplar trees. Right now there are several "I should be doing" items running around in my head but I think I'll stick to "what I am doing" and have another cup of coffee before I get busy. Although --- I still haven't defined in my mind just what"get busy" will entail today.

Ms. Kate and I went out yesterday and placed flags on the graves of our loved ones that have served in the military. All of her uncles on her dad's side were WWII veterans except Uncle Jack. Uncle jack though was a career Air Force NCO. He and I were actually stationed at Clark Air Force Base at the same time back in the late 1960's, although we never actually ran into one another.  We also went and put my sister's saddle wreath on my father's headstone. He was also a WWII veteran.

The birds and the squirrels are having breakfast at the backyard buffet this morning. For what ever reason, that silly squirrel was having trouble climbing the pole this morning.He kept getting about half way up and sliding back down. That often happens in rainy or snowy weather but it is a long way from that today. It finally got up there but only after about the fourth try. I admit I am tempted to shoot it in the butt with a BB so that it jumps off and has to start all over again. After all, as long as the squirrel is up there, the cardinals can't be; and cardinals trump squirrels everytime. It appears that I need to refill the bark butter paste feeders and I also need to put out more safflower seed fo the cardinals. And --- the bird baths need to be emptied again and all of the leaves cleaned out of them. I also see that he smaller feeders in the Pussy Willow tree are empty. It just never stops does it?? LOL.

Ms. Kate and I went out and did some geocaching again yesterday and we plan to do some more today. Today we are going down to "the bottoms", which is way out in the country by the Ohio River. Ms. Kate grew up in that area and we like to drive around down there. There is very little traffic and we can just "toodle" along at our own pace. There are maybe ten geocaches down there that we haven't looked for yet. Our favorite geocaching locations are in cemeteries. Caches there are always placed either in a tree or at the very edge of the cemetery. Cachers are respectful of the "residents" and never bother graves but there is also a lot of history one can learn from caching and visiting local cemeteries. For instance, I would never have associated people buried here in Indiana with the Revolutionary War; but we have run across graves of veterans of that war. I find that fascinating.

It is a beautiful day and it again reminds me of the beauty and grace of God Almighty. It also reminds me to humble myself and ask forgiveness for any ways I may have not only offended God but also offended my fellowman. I pray today that I will be a better person than I was yesterday and tomorrow I will do better than today. Take time today to give thanks to God for your bounty of blessings and give thanks for the soul-saving grace of Jesus. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment