Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday at last??? Yeh, I know I missed out on Thursday. But, I was a bit occupied yesterday. But today looks a lot better. It is going to be another beautiful day full of the Lord's wonderful sunshine. I think the temperature is going to the mid eighties today.

Yesterday started off with my annual physical with Dr. Jackson. As I told Ms. kate, sign me up for the Kentucky Deby cause I'm healthy as a horse. When you can go for a physical at seventy two and yur only complaint is a skin rash, --- life is perfectly blessed. Oh sure, I could stand to lose some weight but other than that --- my asthma is under control, my high blood pressure is under control and my cholesterol is under control; and my PSA was only a 1.2 which is super.

Yesterday afternoon Ms. Kate and I had to go to the church to finish up running the bulletins for Sunday. We also wanted to go to Princeton, IN and attend the Women's Guild meeting. I had asked the ladies if I could come to the meeting and share communion with them. Several of them had not been able to attend church last Sunday when we served it and this gave them a chance to have communion. So, we did that and had communion with a dozen people. I really enjoyed being able to do that.  

I've been watching the coverage of Hurricane Matthew. What a devastating and powerful storm. The country of Haiti, which was already still a long way off from recovery from the earthquakes that hit them several months ago got pounded again by this hurricane. I think at last count there were 348 fatalities in Haiti. Now it is running up the coast of Florida to Georgia and South Carolina. I've heard of one death so far in Florida. I certainly lift them all up in prayer and would ask you to do the same. We have several friends in Florida and South Carolina that are in the path of this thing. So far as I know, they are still safe. I don't know if they evacuated or not as I have only seen sporadic posts from them on Facebook. Again, prayers are in order.

That is my post for today. I need to decide what I am going to do today and get on with it. As lovely as it is, I can't just sit here. As I look out the porch I can see that I need to clean bird baths again and fill a couple of feeders. So, I guess I maight as well get on it. Have a blessed Friday. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment