Friday, October 21, 2016

Well, well, well! Didn't God just do a marvelous job this morning?? It is a brilliantly lit sunshiny, 46 degree morning with only a few clouds in the sky. There is a breeze, and occasional gust at 20mph which takes the temp down a bit so certainly it is sweatshirt weather. But, I'm enjoying my coffee in the the sunporch, joined by my friends , the cardinals, the finches, the woodpeckers, and Mr. Fuss-a-lot the bluejay. The only detractor is that I have a danged cold with all the good stuff; you know, runny and stuffy nose and a bit of a sore throat.

The rain is gone; although we didn't get very much. It was enough to knock down the dust though which is good since I need to jump on the JD and mow the yard and rake the leaves and mulch them up again. I think it is going up to about 60 today , so with the sunshine it will feel warmer. I can get out and do a little yard work.

Have I told you about my okra? Ms. Kate planted four okra plants in the spring and we have had a really good crop from it. So good, in fact, that my okra is now nine and a half feet tall and I have to use a ladder to to get up there and cut it. And --- it is still growing. There are still blooms at the top and that produces the okra. My neighbor, Dan, checked for the world record and that is eleven and a half feet, but if it got that height, I'd have to sit on my roof to cut it. Redonkulous!! I'm hoping the frost will hold off because I want to see just how tall this stuff is going to get.

Well, that is about it for this Friday morning. I don't have a lot on my mind to share with you. Life in my micro part of the world is pretty darned peaceful. Once again I lift up prayers for those I know who are having troubles of various kinds. God knows who they are and God knows their troubles and problems and God is already working on a solution for them. I pray that when the solution comes, they will have the strength to accept God's solution especially if it doesn't match the one they had in mind.  I offer prayers for our friend Georgia Ann who has cancer and pray God will continue to give her the strength to deal with it. At 87 years of age though, a person doesn't have a lot of physical reserve to rely on. But she certainly has faith in God, so I know her heart is exactly where it should be. Let us all put our hearts in a state of full trust in God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment