Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Here's my morning phenomena. I told you that the hummingbirds have flown on to wherever hummingbirds go for the winter. The feeder had been half full but it was rapidly being depleted by the bees and the wasps. So, this morning I went out and cleaned up my bird baths and refilled them and then I sprayed down the hummingbird feeder to get all of the wasps and bees away from it so I could take it down. I brought it in the house and cleaned it up and will now store it Until next April. I came back to the sunporch and saw that there were at least a dozen and a half bees and wasps frantically swarming around where that feeder had been. They must have done that steadily for a half an hour. There are still a couple that keep coming back, fly around the location and then leave.

I stayed up later than usual last night, -- until 0200. But I finished writing my last two sermons before I retire. It was a bittersweet evening. I've been thinking about them for a couple of week but had not figured out what I wanted to say. Last night it all rolled out on to the computer screen aand I think it will be a good one. I tried to keep it up beat because after all the churches are starting a new chapter in their congregational faith life and I'm starting a new chapter in mine and Ms. Kate's life. So, this will be a time to be in celebration. It isn't a funeral. We will see these folks again and at some point we may decide that we want to actually join one of the churches as a member and transfer our current church membership to there. We'll just have to see where the Lord leads us. Open minds and open hearts will lead a person to all sorts of grand adventures.

Today, I'm just sitting around doing a lot of nothing. Oh, we have the laundry going but that isn't a big thing; two loads and we are done. I should get off my duff and go outside on the 87 degree day and do a little yard work. It is mostly cloudy today and iss supposed to just maybe bring a few shower soon. I need to go out front and cut back the Four -O-Clocks and clean up all of the seeds that have fallen. They are all over the front porch and sidewalk and frankly are a little dangerous to walk on for fear of slipping. And I have to go cut the okra again. Ican't believe that I now have to take a six foot step ladder out ther to cut okra. That is redonkulous.

Having said all of that, I'm jumping out of here and going to be a little productive. A guy should have to earn his nap, and I'll be back for that later. ----- I love being me!   Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment