Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Good morning on this bright and brilliant Tuessday morning. It's 67 degrees so some of you will want to put your light sweater on, but you won't need it for long. We are going to move up to the mid 70's today and that is a perfect fall day.

I have a couple of things on the agenda for today. One of the first things though is to fill some bird feeders again. The hummingbird has been to the door and is looking in at me. That tells me its feeder is empty and I better be getting some more made up. My sister-in-law's hummers will actually peck on the window when her feeder gets empty. How did we get to be their servant?? But looking around I can see that at least four of the other feeders need filling. I don't have a lot of birds here this morning; mostly cardinals. Their main feeder has safflower seed in it and they really seem to like that. The good thing is that so many other birds don't like it.

I have to be at the funeral home at 1400 hours today to meet with the family before the official viewing begins. I finished up the funeral service writing last night and I think it will bring the family comfort. After we finish at the funeral home we'll walk around the block and get us some fall festival food. It should be past lunch time and before kids get out of school. Maybe we can slip in there between crowds. There was local television coverage about the Fall Festival last night and the place was packed. It always is on opening night because people are just so anxious to get there after a year's wait.

This evening I think we will go to the Royal Suites for the 1830 showing of The Magnificent Seven. It is a remake of a remake actually. The movie was originally from Japan and was called The Seven Samurai. That was I think in the early 1950's. Then in the early 1970's it ws made as a western starring Yule Brenner. It will be fun to watch the new version I reckon. Besides, The Royal Suites theater has recliners for seating and they serve dinner along with meal.

Tomorrow morning I have the funeral to do, then in the afternoon we'll go to the church and run bulletins and then stay for choir. Ms. Kate has a doctor's appointment while I'm at the cemetery so she will miss the funeral. I was wondering what we were going to be doing on Thursday but that question got answered last evening through a text. I have my annual physical on Thursday morning. I still plan to go to the nursing home on Thursday afternoon and serve communion to the ladies of the Women's Guild. The Guild has gotten down to about four or five members and they are all in their late 70's and 80's. The one member is a resident of the nursing home so they meet there. It is wonderful that they do that for her.

The cup is empty and I need to be moving around and getting a couple of things done including getting dressed and feeding those silly birds. I hope your day is full of God's blessings and warm thoughts. God loves yu and I pray for you. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment