Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I think I got lost somewhere. Here it is, Tuesday afternoon and I'm just now getting around to writing a blog entry. I happened to think about it this morning as I sat down with my cup of coffee and couldn't remember if I wrote yesterday or not. So I checked and sure enough, I had not. But then I had to get ready and head out to an all morning meeting with the clergy circle. I might have blown it off but it will be the last one that  attend so I didn't want to miss out on it. And, I'm glad I went since there were so many that didn't come today for various reasons like funeral etc to do.

Ms. Kate and I had several things on our list of errands yesterday, not the least of which was a major shopping trip to Walmart, having lunch out, and doing the laundry. I never cease to be amazed at how we can go in to Walmart for a "few" things and have to hand the clerk over $200.00 before we can leave. Part of that because we had to pick up a bunch of meat which always raises the bill, but will keep us eating at home; the other thing we did wrong was to go grocery shopping when we were hungry. We should never do that because stuff that looks good just keeps jumping in the shopping cart. The next thing you know, you have a cart full.

The weather continues to be wonderful and I should be out there doing yard work and I haven't been. I still have peonies to trim off, lilies to deadhead and the garden to clean up. It is time to pull up the tomatoes and put away the tomato cages. Since it is dry, I also need to go get a scoop of horse poop and put on the flower beds. And I should go ahead an till the garden for winter. Just too much to do. I keep telling myself that next year I won't have to work so I can get to all of this stuff but the reality next year I won't have an excuse to put it off.

I've talked to my daughter Lisa concerning the leftovers of  Hurricane Matthew. The water is still high and the rivers are still rising. She says she thinks they are to crest this afternoon. It is effecting their business because they are having trouble getting parts for the cars that Gary has to work on in the shop. And it is having the same kind of effect on her other job. But, they are safe and that is all that counts. Granddaughter Amanda ended up with the motor of her car under water and will need a new motor. Again --- at least they are safe.

That's it for today. I hope your evening is a peaceful one. God's blessing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment