Saturday, October 29, 2016

There is nothing shy about the sun this morning. No clouds are in the way to dampen it as it now spotlights the backyard. So as the cardinals fly out of the shadows and into the sunlight they are brilliant and beautiful.

It is supposed to be a beautiful day; 83 degrees for a high which is about twenty degrees above normal of the 29th of October. It would be a beautiful day to go fishing if I had a place to go; --- and if I had a fishing license etc, etc. We haven't been fishing since friend Bob's pond went bad. Those were fun days though. His pond was stocked with catfish and he fed them all the time. So catching seven and eight pounders was pretty routine. There wasn't very often that we got skunked out there. But the fun was just going and relaxing and fishing. I hated it for him that the pond went bad. It "turned over" as they say. I think that is when the body of water no longer has any oxygen in it. He lost every fish in the pond, hundreds of them floating on the surface, dead.  I admit that I've never really known very much about fishing. I don't know what lure is best for catching any specific fish. I don't understand even the concept of fly fishing. I have good fishing rods and gear but that is about it. When we fished in Bob's pond we put raw calf spleen on the hook and that seemed to attract them pretty well. When I was a kid the only fishing my folks ever took me to do was cane pole and worms to catch blue gill.

I wrote yesterday from the garage where they were checking out what was wrong with my driver's side window motor on my truck. Well, as luck usually has it --- it worked fine yesterday and they could not duplicate the problem. I don't think it was a waste of time but it certainly didn't answer the problem. But, they said they took it all apart and made sure all of the wiring and connections were tight and put it back together. So, perhaps that process might have tightened up that one little connection that might have been loose. What do I know??

Monday is Halloween and I need to find my mask that I use. I have a monkey mask that half covers my face and I have some silly clothes that I wear with it. I drive my John Deere lawnmower to the bottom of the driveway and set on it to pass out the candy and treats. I've used this costume in various ways and settings for twenty years now and it never gets old; although the mask is really getting worn out. Twenty years sounds like a long time  to use it but in actuality, that is only twenty times to wear it. The biggest problem is that I never remember where I put it and end up searching for it every year.

Time for me to refill the coffee cup and have some apple pie for breakfast. I hope your day is as good as that! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment