Friday, October 14, 2016

Where are all of my birds this morning? I know it is 50 degrees outside and it is a cloudy morning, but there sure isn't much activity going on out there. So far I only have two cardinals, a nut hatch, a small downy woodpecker and a finch. I reckon business at the backyard buffet will pick up shortly. I filled all of the feeders last evening and the word will get around. ---- and yes, as I wrote that, here comes a squirrel. Although, --- from the way it is dancing up and down the side of that tree and swishing its tail, I suspect that one of the neighborhood cats is in the yard somewhere.

We had a fairly busy day yesterday. We had errands to run and did a drive "around the block". Well, it was a big block; probably fifty or sixty miles all told. We had banking to do, then drove up to Haubstadt to the Dewig's butcher shop, then on up to Ft. Branch to see a parishioner. While we were in Ft. Branch we went to lunch at R'z Resturant. Next it was over to Newburgh to Karen's house and dig up a rose to bring back to the house and plant. Then to the CVS pharmacy to pick up a prescription and finally back home: --- just a trip around the block. Ms. Kate will tell you that I'm a habitual guy who has "his path that he takes", so I like to know where we are going in advance and look for the best and most continuous route. I don't like to run back and forth. I'm so habitual about it that I sometimes will head out "on my path" and realize that I've gone the wrong way and don't need to be going the direction that I'm going. It's an "old dog -- new trick" kind of thing. LOL

As I suspected, there is a cat in the yard, The yellow cat just came though and looked in the doors. It has its winter coat on already. Yesterday we saw it up on a neighbor's roof sitting right up on top of the chimney. So far, it ignores my birds and as long as it does, it won't get peppered with BB's. It can chase the squirrels all it wants to.

Ms. Kate and I are doing a "day-date" for lunch today. The movie, "The Accountant" is showing at the Royal Suites theater so I think we'll do lunch and a movie at noon. We old people get to do things like that. And -- it gets us in and out of the theater before it starts filling up with kids, although this isn't necessarily a movie for kids. Besides, it is my "day off" and I need to take advantage of "days off" before I retire and don't get any more.

Time to pour another cup of coffee, play my computer games and then do something productive until we head out to the movie. I pray you will have a blessed day and an excellent weeks end. Stay in touch with your creator. God would love to hear from you today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment