Monday, October 3, 2016

What say we start a whole new week and just make it the best we can? Sounds like a plan to me. I know it is going to be a busy one for Ms. Kate and me. Today doesn't have much on the agenda out side the house but I have a funeral to put together today and I think Ms. Kate is going to be working on greeting cards. Tomorrow will be funeral visitation. Wednesday will be the funeral and a doctor's appointment for Ms. Kate. Thursday I guess we will run the bulletins and I need to do communion with some parishioners. That will get us to the weekend again. Time just kind of zips by one event at a time.

Maybe tomorrow afternoon we will have time to walk over from the funeral home to the Fall Festival and pick us up a llittle festival food. This festival is the second largest street festival in the USA, second only to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. The big difference being that our festival is totally a family affair. The street is lined for about six blocks on both sides with food booths. It is the major money maker for all of the non-profit organizations from the area. Some run food booths, others simply rope off their parking lots and charge for parking. At the far end of the festival is the carnival rides where tweenagers and teenagers have been going for years with their girl friends and boyfriends trying to win prizes and having fun. The entire affair is run by an organization called the West Side Nut Club and the money they rake in goes directly back into the west side community. There will be talent contests, entertainment from local bands, and the finale' is a parade. It is Americana at its absolute best. We've known people who take a week of vacation and eat every meal at the fall festival.

It is a beautiful morning. It's sunny and 67 degrees and not going to get much warmer than that. Too bad I need to spend the day down in my office. But --- that's the job. The funeral is for another lady from my home church. She was 97 when she passed and I have known her almost all of my life. How can I say "no"?

Church services went well yesterday  and we had a fair attendance. There must have been a couple of reunions or something going on though because we were missing a couple of entire families.

Well, I have enough work to do that I need to make this  short today. I pray your day is as bright with the Holy Spirit as the sky is out side my windows. Take time and look around you. God created a wonderful world and you are one of the special creatures God created. Take the hand of the Master and walk in peace this week. C' ya' !



No comments:

Post a Comment