Friday, October 28, 2016

Annnnnnd -- we are back to sunshine again today and the temperature is supposed to be about ten degrees warmer today. Unfortunately, I'm sitting at Raben Tires waiting on them to find out what is wrong with the motor that raises and lowers my driver's window. I was in here back on July 23rd and they replaced the motors in both doors because they had quit working. I don't drive the truck much but the drivers window still works only sporadically, so I've brought it back in and if they need to put in another new motor, so be it. I just need it to work. The biggest inconvenience comes at drive up windows.

I had a good day of work outside yesterday. I cleaned out the flowerbed that is next to the house out back. I got all of the phlox cut down and the bed raked of all the leaves and then mulched all of the leaves up again. It sure did raise the dust though. We are about three weeks into a dry spell and for what ever reason, so much of the grass in my back yard up by the house had died off and there is nothing there except dirt. I think part of the problem is the lack of sun back here. My poplar trees really block out a lot of sun. I may end up having a landscaper come in and taking a look at it and help me determine what to do. I know those trees really sap the moisture out of the soil and they're may be starving the grass of water. This dry spell hasn't helped it at all.

I hope it doesn't take too long here at Raben's. Ms, Kate wants to go to Sam's yet today and I want to get back out to another flowerbed. There is one in the middle of the backyard that we call the "Dog Bone" bed because of it's shape. Half of it is full of roses and I have that all raked, but still need to trim the roses back. The other half is full of lilies and other plants and it is getting over run with Redbud sapplings that I need to cut and dig out of the there. I'll also rake all of the lily deadfall out and trim them back. That will take care of two of the flowerbeds. However --- there is a third one that runs the entire 140 foot length of the back fence that is way out of control with weeds and sapplings etc. It had several large Azalea bushes in it and a lot of unwanted stuff is growing in and around them and makes it hard to get to. There is a day's worth of work just in there. I'm thinking I'm getting a little old for all of this; --- but the more I do, maybe the younger I'll feel. Although, --- I didn't feel very young this morning when I crawled out of bed.

I'm about done with my rambling on today. Before I go, I wish you a very happy weekend. I hope you have the time to get out of the house and enjoy the world that God has created for you. I also hope you take time to be grateful for all of those blessings that are coming your way. Never forget that God is good -- all the time and God loves you and walks with you every minute of every day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment