Monday, October 17, 2016

And --- we start a new week all over again. The morning is a bright one with a lot of wind today. Therefore, the leaves are flying today.. It is going to be very warm today with maybe a temperature of 88 or 90. That certainly is more summer-like than fall. However, the weather roller coaster is in gear. We're predicted for 60's for a high by the end of the week with a couple of rain days between now and then.

The cardinals have been here once again most of the morning. They would like to maybe jump in the bird bath but there are too many leaves in them at the moment. After while I will go clean them out again and put some fresh water in them. So far, only a couple of the feeders need to be refilled.

Yesterday we celebrated the 140th anniversary of my St. Paul's church. The church was full and the singing bounced off of the rafters. It was a Holy Spirit moment. Several of the congregation participated in presenting the service and I didn't have to give a sermon. On November the 6th, St. Lucas will celebrate their 95th anniversary and we'll do a very similar service.

I told you that we were going to do a Heumann Family Reunion this past Saturday. We had over twenty cousins and family members show up. It was really nice getting to meet and greet in a happy setting instead of a funeral home. There were only three of the first generation cousins not there including my sister. They missed a great time. My Uncle Howard and his wife, Aunt Louise, were there and they really seemed to enjoy it too. A lot of the cousins talked to them and made over them, and I'm sure it warmed their hearts. They were surprised at how many folks showed up.

This week promises to be a good one. On Wednesday Ms. Kate and I are going on another day-date. This time we are going on a riverboat luncheon cruise. Then on Friday, we think Lisa and Amanda are going to be here from North Carolina. We haven't seen Lisa since February and haven't seen granddaughter Amanda for at least a year. It will be wonderful to hug their neck. I do miss my girls. Even though I talk to all three of them every day via Facebook Messsenger, I miss seeing them. Heck, Julie only lives a couple of hours away and we haven't seen her for I think a month now. She is so busy with running the boookstore at the college and doing her "haunting" at the morgue "Haunted House" through all of the last half of September and October that she has little time for herself, let alone us.

I was just noticing that the hummingbird feeder is almost empty and we don't have any hummingbirds anymore. It is the evaporation that has taken some of it but mostly it is the honey bees that have drained that feeder. I think it may be time to clean it up and put it away fro the season.

Well, that's my story, morning glory! Time to give thanks to my creator and get on with my day. I pray you will have a wonderful week. Go hug someone today. Go give someone a smile. Be a blessing to someone and brighten their day. You just might be the one person they need in their life today whether they realize it or not. Shalomn

No comments:

Post a Comment