Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween! Yep --- October 31st has arrived and tonight the little candy beggars will come clamoring to the door singing "trick or treat - smell my feet, give me something good to eat." We have enough candy and snack bags around here to feed an army of rug rats.

Julie and Jim are here with the two dogs. They came over yesterday afternoon after the Patriots game.  I told them Ms. Kate was making chicken and dumplings and she had also made two apple pies; so --- it didn't take anymore than that. It has been seemingly forever since they have been over here. Julie and Jim's work schedules are so hectic that they hardly see each other. He works a night shift at Lowes and she works the days running the bookstore at the university. Then with the "haunting" that she does during Halloween season at the old morgue in Louisville they basically just cross paths. But her haunting will end tonight.

I need to go to the local costume place today and see what they have left. I just can't find my costume that I have been using and I must dress to pass out my treats tonight. This place has a world of costumes and they are not a bad price; and today they are all on sale. What I'm looking for is a "half mask" that won't make me have to breathe through it. We'll see what they have.

We don't have a lot of birds here today. I think that is because the dogs are constantly in and out the door. About the time the cardinals do come in, --- a dog wants out. I see that I need to fill the bird baths again. They have leaves in them and they are also about empty. Yesterday I went to my favorite bird food store and bought some more stuff; mostly I bought suet and seed cakes in preparation for the colder weather. They had a sale on those products and I go through quite a few of them.

This entry has been sporadic through the day as I tried to write between dogs wanting on my lap, holding conversations and other stuff. But, I thin I'm about done today anyway. Julie and Jim and the pups just left and Ms. Kate and I are ready to head out the door. Have a great Halloween evening. I'll talk to you un November..

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment