Thursday, October 27, 2016

What a gloomy Thursday morning. It is completely overcast and I don't see a prognosis  of it getting any brighter. It is sixty degrees so that isn't too bad except that that will also be the high today. Back to long sleeves again today from yeaterday's short sleeves. It is no wonder that Ms. Kate and I both have colds and stuffy sinuses.

I started to write my blog yesterday but got derailed. I had an appointment to have our car serviced and I counted on using that time to do my writing. However for whatever reason the wifi at the dealership would not connect to Safari which is what I use to write my blog. Then by the time I left there and we did a few other things I just never got back to it and by evening it was too late. Besides, I didn't have any revolutionary brilliant things to say any way.

Ms. Kate got the outside planter/pots trimmed yesterday afternoon. And I have the sunporch area ready to bring them in. I'll do that today. They all need watering which is good because that means they will be lighter to carry in. These suckers are heavy. Once we get them in we can water them and that task will be taken care of until springtime when we take them all back out again.

My birdfeeders are all full this morning and my aviary friends are being happy at the buffet. Lots of cardinals again today as well as the titmouse couple, a couple of wrens, some finches, a couple of downy woodpeckers, and one squirrel that so far has by-passed the feeders but has been to the bird bath for a a drink.

I need to do some more raking and mulching again. And it is time to trim back the phlox and make that flowerbed bare. The weather is perfect to to these things right now. It is going to be November in a couple of days and while the weather is great now --- the cold and snowy stuff will be here soon enough. But, there are a lot of leaves up there in the trees yet that have to come down and I don't want to get behind. Besides, being outside is great communion time with the wonderful creator of all of this.

So --- one more cup of coffee and I'm heading out the door. I hope you have a chance to get outside and enjoy some great weather too today. And  if you do, close your eyes for a second and give thanks to God for the air you breathe and the life that is in you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment