Thursday, November 19, 2015

This morning's sky is diametrically opposed to the skies we've had for the past couple of days. Chrystal clear blue and cloudless just isn't a bad way to start the day. It is 54 degrees right now and unfortunately that is our high for the day and a stiff breeze is blowing which will make it seem a lot cooler. The sun has absolutely lit up the red leaves of the fire bushes this morning and my solitary red rose blooming and waving in the breeze continues to claim victory over the weather saying "I will not die, I will not go down without a fught".

Ms. Kate got all kinds of cooking done yesterday in preparation for our vacation on the river next week. The Thanksgiving turkey has been cooked and sliced and waits in the fridge. The spaghetti sauce is made. The chicken and broth is finished and waiting to be used for the chicken and dumplings. All three refrigerators are bulging with stuff ready to go. As soon as church is over we'll come home, load up the car and head out. Our only downer at this point is that our high for Sunday is to be 38 degrees which will eliminate any porch sitting to watch the sunset. But the weather for the week is supposed to be pretty good, or so it looks from this far out. It will be nice enough that I intend to take my walking stick.

Yesterday afternoon we went to the churches. We ran the bulletins for Sunday and for the next Sunday. Then we stayed for choir pracrice. The choir will sing this Sunday and our song is a good one. Our Christmas Cantata is coming along nicely. It is more of a collection of songs than it is an actual cantata. I wrote a narrative for it and added a part for the children to do in it. I hope it will go well. We only have three or maybe four more practices and the day (December 20th) will be here.

I know we have some running around to do today. I need to pick up another 100# of sunflower seed from the pet food store and I need to go by the Bible book store and pick up some Christmas Eve bulletins before they get totally picked over; assuming of course they even have them out yet. One never knows. I'm fairly sure Ms. Kate has a couple of places she needs to go too. Then, at some point, I need to get down to my computer and get a sermon written. I got a start on it but not nearly far enough.

Tomorrow is Heather's 45th birthday. I wish we could be in California to celebrate it with her. Having coast to coast kids sure does rob us of some good times. But, that's how it is. I suspect that many parents who have their children living around them may not get to see their kids any more than we do.

With a list of things to do today, I better get busy. However, the top thing on my list is to get another cup of coffee and spend some time offering up my gratitude for my world full of blessings. I hope your day is as blessed as mine is. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment