Friday, November 20, 2015

Good Friday Morning to you! It's November the 20th and our daughter Heather's 45th birthday. I've had a "text-chat" with her this morning already. There are a lot of things I may not like about Facebook but I do love the "messenger" feature. We can just pop in and out of one another's lives for a quick sentence or question or we can sit and hold a lengthy conversation as though we were in the same room. The girls and Ms. Kate and I have had a running conversation going now for two years. So despite living thousands of miles apart, we stay connected with one another, we plan vacations, and we shrink this country into our own little cyberspace bubble and visit all the time. And the fact that we can do it on our IPads, Iphones, or IPods makes it even more convenient.

It is 27 degrees this morning! What's up with that? There was a skim of ice on the bird baths this morning. I haven't plugged in the electric one yet and probably won't today. By next Monday this cold snap of artic air is supposed to be through and we'll be back into the 40's and 50's for Thanksgiving. It isn't like the birds are going to die of thirst and the starlings can wait a few hours until the ice is gone to take their baths. Speaking of starlings, I have a few of them out here this morning. They spend a lot of time driving one another away from a feeder and fussing with one another. Then along comes Mr. Fuss-a-lot, the blue jay and runs them all off. He is especially noisy this morning too. Then, there are the cardinals, and I do love my cardinals. The sun is shining on them just right this morning and their red seems especially bright.

We went to not one, but two stores yesterday for bird food. Our "Wildbirds and Things" store is having a sale and I went and bought a bunch of stuff that should last me a few weeks.  Then it was off to Pet Foods to buy a hundred pounds of sunflower seed. That will last me maybe a month depending on how cold it gets. Their price is a lot lower than Wildbirds. Of course Wildbirds will tell you that their's is a lot better quality. But hey --- we're feeding birds and fuzzy tailed rats out there and they don't care what the "quality" of the sunflower seed is.

Today we are going to Princeton and pick up a couple of chairs that we had recovered and repaired. They weren't in all that bad of shape but the seats were sagging and the upholstery on them was probably at least fifty or sixty years old. But they are good chairs and it would be wrong to get rid of them, alhough, I'll bet I paid more to have them refurbished than they cost originally. Such is life with sentimentality involved. They will be put out here on the sun porch.

My morning rituals are all done and I need to get ready to go pick up our chairs. Maybe we'll stop along the way somewhere and have some breakfast. I pray your day will be blessed and full of joy. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment